Staying as part of a work conference and was told we were staying at the rydges - was confused when I was sent next door to check in here - confusion turned to dismay.
The room is very nice and clean I would say about 3 1/2 stars but as a female I feel very unsafe here, there are lots of shady characters hanging around lots of long term accommodation and apparently department of housing people stay here when their accommodation is being repaired.
Reception staff are a little rude which was a surprise as all the conference staff are fantastic.
I see lots of tourists stay here from reviews and it boggles my mind why - it's not the best suburb or near anything and public transport is the train station about 5 min walk away no trams - I think if your visiting Melbourne or Australia with no car do your research and stay elsewhere.
I think the attraction is possibly the cost - I looked it up out of curiosity - I am glad I did not have to pay.
We have another conference soon and if I am not staying at the rydges I will book my own accommodation I do not feel comfortable here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BreakFree Bell City offers premium accommodation in the centre of Melbourne that is affordable and offers everything you need in the one place. Situated 9 km from the Melbourne CBD and 20 minutes from the main airport in Melbourne, public transport is also just 5 minutes' walk from the hotel, making this hotel highly accessible to everything Melbourne has to offer. Within the complex you'll find a great range of facilities surrounded by landscaped gardens, including a large resort pool, BBQ, gymnasium, games room and sauna. There are several onsite restaurants including Chill Restaurant & Bar, the Pantry Cafe and JD's Diner. The Pantry Convenience Store also supplies essential goods you may need during your stay including milk, bread, fruit and vegetables. There is also a shared kitchen if you'd like to cook onsite, or head into Preston and dine at one of the many cafes and restaurants. Choose from the Budget 1 and Sleep & Go rooms, which feature wireless internet access (WiFi), LCD TV with Foxtel channels, private ensuite bathroom, work desk and tea and coffee making facilities. Many of the rooms have large floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Melbourne skyline and its surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your BreakFree Bell City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep And Go Bell City
- Sleep & Go Bell City Hotel Preston
- BreakFree Bell City Preston, Greater Melbourne