In 2012 my partner and I stayed at this hotel in a nice, large, open room with a good view. The housekeeping was quite good, we were left fresh towels and toiletries every day and the amenities in the room were all functional. We were disappointed to find that the information on the website was out-dated and the room we were in didn't have a microwave or dvd player. Then our stay was made considerably less enjoyable when the drain in the bathroom floor started to omit an awful gassy smell and when we called reception to have it fixed they did nothing at all. The parking was also terrible as we had to drive around the overfilled car park at least 4 times each night to try and find a parking spot and usually ended up parking in a completely different car park and had to walk to our hotel in the rain. I would expect better parking facilities considering you have to pay for it on top of the hotel fee. Over all our 2012 stay at Sleep and Go, Preston was pretty good, 3.5/5
This year, our stay was much less acceptable and very disappointing compared to our stay the previous year. We booked the same kind of room (same price) with a bigger bed, however, when we entered the room we were surprised to find that it was half the size than that of the previous year and that the bathroom was also cramped. We had to squeeze past each other all the time and kept bumping into the corners of the bed. The housekeeping were lazy and replaced the toiletries only once during our stay and when they did the shampoo and conditioner weren't full and were covered in slimy liquid which lead me to believe they had just recycled these bottles from another room. The worst part of our stay was that the room we were in was East-facing and we woke up each day with the sun belting in our eyes despite the black curtains. Add in the fact that the heater was permanently set at 30 degrees and came on of its own accord even though we kept turning it off and we were basically cooking in this tiny room. The walls were thin and we could hear the noise of a screaming baby in a close by room and people hanging around in the hall ways at 1am in the morning. The parking was just as crowded and we were lucky to fluke a car park close to the entrance of the hotel a few times. When we checked out in the morning we accidentally left behind my partners ring and called around midday when we realised it was missing. We were then put through to housekeeping which didn't pick up so we left a voice mail with details of the situation and a contact number. Hours passed and we didn't receive a call back so we then tried to call again and we were told that housekeeping had left for the day. We asked how we could get the ring back and they told us that we'd have to come back the next day because they 'didn't have a key to housekeeping' (which I find hard to believe considering it is part of their hotel and its services). As we live 2 hrs away we were not going to drive all the way home that evening and back again the next day when we were still in Preston at an event we were prepared to leave to come and collect the ring. Getting frustrated at this point we decided to enjoy the rest of our day and called again around 6pm only to be put on hold by a reception man and when they picked the phone back up again it was a completely different person so we had to explain ourselves all over again. This guy was slightly more helpful and actually went to housekeeping to look for the ring and told us they could mail it to us. He checked the address and said it would be sent to us. We waited 3 WEEKS and there was no ring sent in the mail so we had to call AGAIN (at this point we racked up a considerable phone bill) and the housekeeping lady who picked up told us that the ring was still there and had no idea it was supposed to be being sent to us! So a few days later we finally got an Australia Post card in the mail and we went to the post office and had to pay $15.30 for postage charges!!! There was nothing mentioned about postage charges at all with any of the Sleep and Go staff we talked to over the phone, and it was a small ring it should have been posted in an envelope and not in a box with some garbage bag wrapped around it. I am disgusted with the deceptive nature of the staff and will be calling and asking they send us the money we had to pay in postage charges. We were fully prepared to come during the day to pick up the ring while housekeeping were still there, but because they couldn't be bothered to call us back we were inconvenienced because of their poor communication standards. 1.5/5 for this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BreakFree Bell City offers premium accommodation in the centre of Melbourne that is affordable and offers everything you need in the one place. Situated 9 km from the Melbourne CBD and 20 minutes from the main airport in Melbourne, public transport is also just 5 minutes' walk from the hotel, making this hotel highly accessible to everything Melbourne has to offer. Within the complex you'll find a great range of facilities surrounded by landscaped gardens, including a large resort pool, BBQ, gymnasium, games room and sauna. There are several onsite restaurants including Chill Restaurant & Bar, the Pantry Cafe and JD's Diner. The Pantry Convenience Store also supplies essential goods you may need during your stay including milk, bread, fruit and vegetables. There is also a shared kitchen if you'd like to cook onsite, or head into Preston and dine at one of the many cafes and restaurants. Choose from the Budget 1 and Sleep & Go rooms, which feature wireless internet access (WiFi), LCD TV with Foxtel channels, private ensuite bathroom, work desk and tea and coffee making facilities. Many of the rooms have large floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Melbourne skyline and its surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your BreakFree Bell City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep And Go Bell City
- Sleep & Go Bell City Hotel Preston
- BreakFree Bell City Preston, Greater Melbourne