We stayed on floor 6 in a balcony suite. The room was well appointed - the bed was large and the mattress and pillows were very soft, the bathroom was lovely.
However - the walls appear to be made from cardboard - every noise can be heard from the room next door (including someone using the toilet). The doors are very heavy and startle you from your sleep everytime someone else in the corridor or adjoining balcony opens or closes it.
During our three night stay, other guests felt that the time to start partying was around midnight, with a finish time of sun up. This included running from each others rooms and making mobile phone calls from the corridors. We lost the plot at around 7am on night (day?) three when the guests above us decided to play bongos on the glass balcony table. In total, we had 8 hours sleep in three nights.
If you want peace and quiet - stay at Rydges next door.
On the positive side - the staff were very nice and the facilities were good.
Its a shame that other people staying don't have the manners to consider their fellow guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BreakFree Bell City offers premium accommodation in the centre of Melbourne that is affordable and offers everything you need in the one place. Situated 9 km from the Melbourne CBD and 20 minutes from the main airport in Melbourne, public transport is also just 5 minutes' walk from the hotel, making this hotel highly accessible to everything Melbourne has to offer. Within the complex you'll find a great range of facilities surrounded by landscaped gardens, including a large resort pool, BBQ, gymnasium, games room and sauna. There are several onsite restaurants including Chill Restaurant & Bar, the Pantry Cafe and JD's Diner. The Pantry Convenience Store also supplies essential goods you may need during your stay including milk, bread, fruit and vegetables. There is also a shared kitchen if you'd like to cook onsite, or head into Preston and dine at one of the many cafes and restaurants. Choose from the Budget 1 and Sleep & Go rooms, which feature wireless internet access (WiFi), LCD TV with Foxtel channels, private ensuite bathroom, work desk and tea and coffee making facilities. Many of the rooms have large floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Melbourne skyline and its surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Bell City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep And Go Bell City
- Sleep & Go Bell City Hotel Preston
- BreakFree Bell City Preston, Greater Melbourne