All i know is I arrived at Bell City via public transport, and I got a shock to see that Bell City is HUGE!!, it has its own PO so many brands associated with it. I arrived there on the Thurs, I got given a level 5 room which i forgot the number too many times its a maze of 1000's doors, and long corridors, entry is by electronic card. The room is probably the size of a typical 2nd or 3rd bedroom in your average house enough room for a single bed, a wall mounted desk and a combo ensuite. The Room has a opening window with a pleasant view, the window was next to my neighbours window so beaware of private converstations when the window is opened. The room is very basic its got a shallow wash basin sink that ins't deep enough so the water splashes everywhere (and drainage was not the best), daeken aircond, a miniature bar fridge, microwave, 32inch LCD tv with semi Digital channels (not all channels were seen TV is Guest locked), poor analogue reception and some foxtel sports, lifestyle, Nick and footy and the volume is limited on the TV and on foxtel channels, 1 channel was on mute (shows who is paying attention at reception). the Ensuite was a allinone design like on a boat, there are buttons and knobs that can be confused for flushing the toilet and showering. Bed was comfy, sheets were not tucked in properly, noise from next door neighbours, hallway noises, slamming of room doors (sometimes they don't close properly), room maids start servicing the rooms very early at 9am. Modern room, just needed to separate the toilet from the shower from my mind there was no excuse to make the ensuite that small, it could of been made a little bigger so the shower was separated and does not wet the toilet area. for example you must go toilet before you go shower under wise you pants, socks will get wet whilst on the toilet, you practically have to go semi unclothed from the waist down to the toilet as the floor stays wet after a shower (like when you go to the beach shower/toilet block the floor is wet) wear your swimmers or get undressed to go toilet cause any thing touching the floor will get wet, They don't give you enough towels to dry the area only two were given 1 small towel and 1 body towel. Car park could be better lit at night for the price you pay, and its not free (paid). Close to Tram 86 Waterfront City/Bundoora(5mins walk), 16 mins walk to Bell Railway station, Bus to Glenroy 513 outside gate, bus to 903 Altona\Essendon Station 12 minutes walk towards Mcdonalds (past Bell Railway station) stay on Bell St.
Finally Bell City has map of on the wall at Recepo of the local area, Bell City has many brands i think i was staying at Sleep n Go, but it may be Le Student 8 or Budget1hotel. You will see in the images that there is a bit of confusion Recepo told me I was in the Budget1 area but its all a mixed building of different grades of rooms. I may stay again its kinda out of the way from Melbourne city around a 30min tram trip full of constant stopping and starting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BreakFree Bell City offers premium accommodation in the centre of Melbourne that is affordable and offers everything you need in the one place. Situated 9 km from the Melbourne CBD and 20 minutes from the main airport in Melbourne, public transport is also just 5 minutes' walk from the hotel, making this hotel highly accessible to everything Melbourne has to offer. Within the complex you'll find a great range of facilities surrounded by landscaped gardens, including a large resort pool, BBQ, gymnasium, games room and sauna. There are several onsite restaurants including Chill Restaurant & Bar, the Pantry Cafe and JD's Diner. The Pantry Convenience Store also supplies essential goods you may need during your stay including milk, bread, fruit and vegetables. There is also a shared kitchen if you'd like to cook onsite, or head into Preston and dine at one of the many cafes and restaurants. Choose from the Budget 1 and Sleep & Go rooms, which feature wireless internet access (WiFi), LCD TV with Foxtel channels, private ensuite bathroom, work desk and tea and coffee making facilities. Many of the rooms have large floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Melbourne skyline and its surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your BreakFree Bell City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep And Go Bell City
- Sleep & Go Bell City Hotel Preston
- BreakFree Bell City Preston, Greater Melbourne