“Good for a special occasion”
Review of Le Kleber

Le Kleber
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Crest
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have resisted going here for a while as I felt it was over priced but I found that the food was inventive and good quality and the service was very good. Calm and spacious atmosphere with modern decor. However the menu does not change often. Wine is only by the bottle which increases the overall cost. Mid-week lunch menu at 25 Euros is good value. Dinner of first, main, cheese and dessert with wine will cost around 60 Euros each.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very good restaurant, high quality and inventive plates. The menu comes with bread, an amuse, great choice of cheeses and deserts with even a pre-desert sweet amuse. Amazing value, beautifull wine card, very attentive waiters. All in all an experience worthy of a michelin star imho. Better if they do not get it though, or we will probably not be able to return to the raised prices and reserving far ahead.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Ate here several times, it's quiet but this is fine dining, even if the restaurant is situated in the small town of Crest. The dining room is cooled in the hot summer and spending the evening there is a good end to the day. Prices are reasonable and choose one of the menus for the best value.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our first visit to this restaurant this summer was a very pleasant surprise indeed. The food is excellent and deserves a better Michelin rating (currently 2 "couverts"). A pitty that the service was somewhat stiff and seemingly inexperienced.
For desert, I strongly recommend the "sphère au chocolat"!

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We first visited the restaurant 3 years ago, and came away a little disappointed - but let me say right from the start that our last visit was a very pleasant surprise.

No, it wasn't bad the first time but we came out thinking it was very pricey for what it was. This time, we felt it was very reasonably priced for such excellent quality, and both the food and the atmosphere had really taken a turn for the better.

Apparently, from others I've talked to (ah, small-town gossip), the standard has been gradually improving for a while, and I'm delighted.

The food is original yet familiar, if that doesn't sound bizarre. There are elegant little touches, wonderful mixtures of flavours and textures.

Definitely somewhere to go for a special meal out. The menu at EUR 39 is excellent value, varied, and for EUR 10 extra you can have both a fish and meat course. The portions are not tiny but not huge; to me it was fine with a single main course but next time I need to try the fish!

All in all, bravo to the chef, and we'll be back.

1  Thank Bren_KFrance