“Wonderful locationn for inner city Melbourne stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quest on Dorcas

Quest on Dorcas
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Melbourne
Gold Coast
“Wonderful locationn for inner city Melbourne stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

A friend and I shared a 2 bedroom apartment for a five day girls catch up in Melbourne. Location is superb with proximity to St Kilda Rd trams and an easy stroll to city and southbank. Staff were pleasant and helpful throughout the stay.
We chose the apartment so we could do some self catering. Range of kitchen utensils could have been better although appliances were excellent. Proximity of South Melbourne Markets makes self catering a delight.
Rooms were spacious, beds large and comfortable and bathrooms well appointed. However the carpets could do with a good shampoo. I wore my socks around for a couple of hours one night and they were almost black. Views from our 6th floor apartment were limited, but we didn't spend too much time there anyway.
A special mention about the small bottleshop/coffee shop located in the basement of the building - the guy who runs it is very helpful and seems to know his stuff. It's very convenient for an early morning coffee or to pick up a bottle of something after a day's sightseeing
I would certainly stay at Quest on Dorcas again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lauren B, Manager at Quest on Dorcas, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Sharon

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Quest on Dorcas. I am so glad that the staff were pleasant and helpful, that is always lovely to hear.
I do apologise for the carpet, we do try to steam clean them regularly, however I have now implemented a procedure to ensure every apartment is steam cleaned frequently.

Ken at the coffee and liquor shop is fantastic and we here think the coffee is delicious also, I have passed on your feedback and he was delighted.

When you return, please do not hesitate to request any additional cooking utensils we will be more than happy to provide these for the duration of your stay. Although not all of our apartments have views, we have some gorgeous city view apartments, please feel free to request for your next stay and we will do our best to accommodate.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards
Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Moama, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here Saturday 23 March so that we could participate in a fun run on Sunday morning. We booked quite early online, and requested a week or so later a late checkout so we could shower after our run. It couldnt be guaranteed, but we were asked to make contact closer to the date. We did this and a late checkout was available. It cost no extra. We were very grateful for this - so thanks guys!!
The rooms are new and well appointed. We have 3 kids, and one slept on the couch as there was no rollaway bed. This was no problem for us, and I'm sure if we had asked at reception for an extra bed it would have been provided. Staff here are great. Much much much better than some other apartment accomm nearby.
Tram stop is very close, there's a small bottle shop and coffee shop next door, and a couple of small supermarkets within about 200 metres. Parking and access is easy. I strongly reccommend this Quest for family travellers to Melbourne. Its quiet but safe at night, and so close to the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Manager at Quest on Dorcas, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear touring-plonkies

Thank you for choosing Quest on Dorcas and taking the time to provide a review of our property. Thank you for your kind words it is always appreciated and the whole team were thrilled with your lovely comment about them.

As we are a small property we cannot always provide a late check-out but I’m so glad we could on this occasion.

Please feel free to contact Reception on your next stay and we will certainly be able to have a rollaway bed ready for your arrival.

Thank you again and we look forwarding to see you soon.

Kind regards
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've stayed here a few times on business trips. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and well appointed and the location just south of the city centre and a short walk from the botanical garden is ideal.

A tram stop is located less than 100m from the hotel, which provides access to all areas of the city. The hotel does not provide breakfast but there are numerous  cafes on Dorcas street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Darren M
Hi Darren

Thank you for your lovely review, it is always a pleasure having you stay with us. It's fantastic to hear that the staff are welcoming and helpful, I will ensure this is passed onto them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and you'll hopefully get to sample a few more of the great cafes nearby.

Best wishes
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed for a week in December for work in South Melbourne.
Great location just off St Kilda Road and opposite the Botanic gardens.

Hotel check-in is quick and easy and being a serviced apartment, I didn't really see reception again until I checked out.
Apartment was fairly large for a one-bedder. Had a huge study area (bit of silly design - way too much space) and well equipped kitchen, laundry etc.
Furnished in a clean, modern style and all in great condition.

Large comfy bed for a good night sleep and good water pressure in the shower.

Hotel has a gym but I didn't see it. Hotel has internet, but not free. Internet rates were ok.

There are cafes and a bottle-shop on the same street, and the tram stop is under 50m away.

All in all a great stay for the week and perfect for my stay for work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear sydney_CJ

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that check-in was quick and easy. If you ever do need assistance from Reception please feel free to pop in as the Reception team will be more than happy to assist.

The study alcove in our One Bedroom Executive apartment is quite large and works well for long stays as it provides space for additional storage and also additional bedding. If you don't need this additional space, I could recommend the One Bedroom Standard apartment which doesn't have a study alcove but is still quite spacious.

Hopefully next time you will get a chance to view our gymnasium as it has a beautiful view of the Royal Botanic Gardens, however many of our guests do also enjoy the tan track.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a one bed apt that was well equipped, modern and clean. Comfy beds but hard pillows and no free WiFi, which in this day and age is not good. Even though we were on the 8th floor, our outdoor area faced a brick wall, so we had no view and it made the apt quite dark. The tram is at the end of the street and we found he location to be ideal for our needs. The botanic gardens are just across the road. It is a 10 minute walk to south-bank or a short tram ride to Swanston Street.
Staff were pleasant and helpful and we would happily stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Heg

Thank you for your review and recent stay at Quest on Dorcas. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and since your review I have requested that our Housekeeping team check on all pillows, if you stay with us again please feel free to let Reception know and we will happily replace.

At this point in time we do need to charge for our Internet, but I appreciate your feedback and have passed onto the Director for review of our Internet policy.

Unfortunately from our One Bedroom apartments (8th & 9th floors), there isn't any views, however we would love to recommend our One Bedroom Executive apartment for your next stay which are from the 10th floor, some with amazing views of the city.

It is excellent having the tram so close and it is lovely to hear the staff were helpful, they always enjoy sharing their local knowledge.

I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Best wishes

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

A modern, clean apartment hotel, well-located to visit Botanic Gardens, Rod Laver Arena and the National Gallery of Victoria. The rooms are well-appointed including a kitchenette with dishwasher. Two bedroom apartments comfortably fit two couples and we easily got parking right out the front (free in weekends). A no-fuss stay in a convenient location at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I felt compelled to leave a review for this Hotel/Apartment because I was so pleased with it.

Not only was the Hotel in a fantastic location with the beautiful Botanic Gardens at the end of the street for morning strolls (were you could also jump on a horse drawn carriage to tour the massive gardens or jump on a Tram and be in the heart of Melbourne CBD in just a couple of minutes), the staff were also very friendly, helpful and accommodating.
I thought I would mention that here is a fantastic little coffee shop a couple of doors down who make an awesome brew and a delicious snack also! (unfortunately they do not open on Sundays though) and there is a little bottle shop downstairs which I found convenient. :)

The self contained apartment I stayed in for 4 days was very quiet, comfortable, clean and well equipped. In fact the only 3 things I could fault it on was that firstly the shower badly lacked racks for your shower things. It only had one small soap holder so I had to put all my shampoo;s, cleansers etc on the floor of the shower.
Secondly, I would put a mark against the Hotel for not offering free, or for that matter ANY, wireless internet access.... it is 2012 after all and I am sure if McDonald's can cater to the needs of their customers than Quest can also.
Lastly, while the bed was very comfortable, I was disappointed with their pillows which were very flat and ended up giving me a sore neck but apart from these few let-downs, I would give this Hotel my full approval to any disconcerting traveller.... just take your own pillow, shower rack and internet! lol

Room Tip: I specifically asked for a quiet room and that is exactly what I was given which is great so don'...