“Breakfast with a difference!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez Dre

Chez Dre
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South Melbourne
London, United Kingdom
“Breakfast with a difference!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We were took here for brunch whilst visiting friends. I originally thought it was going to have a typical cafe menu but we surprised by the different options. There was a slight Moroccan twist to some of the dishes and food was incredibly tasty. If you're in the area and you fancy a coffee or bite to eat I'd definitely recommend this place!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
“A pleasant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My friend & I had lunch at chez dre yesterday. The chicken baguette was yum, my friend had the lamb baguette which came highly recommended by the lovely waitress, it also was delish. We shared a passion fruit / ginger cake which was divine. The service was relaxed & happy. A very pleasant experience vi will certainly go back when next up in town

gold coast
“Good not Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This restaurant is good not great , when you order Sides you dont get am appropriate amount I had break fast here and ordered a side of bacon and I litterally got one Rasher which they charged $4.50 , the Potato Rosti was a decent portion and worth its $4.00 charge My breakfast meal was $18.00 for 2 eggs 1 rasher bacon and Potato Rosti , I Think this is a little steep for a hidden away cafe , I expect to pay this at a good hotel not a cafe in saying this the lunch meals were around $20.00 not expensive . The Staff are very good the service excellent , I would say go for lunch skip breakfast there are a lot of cafes in this area with better and more reasonably priced Breakfast .

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Wow what a gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This has now become one of my favourite cafes in melbourne. Have been here 4 times in the last 3 months and the food has been consistently fresh, innovative and delicious. Each time that we have been it was a Saturday early afternoon for brunch. Once we had to wait for a table (15 mins), however it is well worth the wait.
Service is quick and friendly. Owner recognised us from our previous visit and chatted to us as if we were long term regulars.
Good food with a variety of choices that is certain to appeal to everyone including our 13 year old daughter.
I highly recommend it to anyone visiting melbourne - as it showcases what the melbourne food scene is truly about!

Sydney, Australia
“Friendly staff and excellent choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went here on my birthday recently, and waited about 20 mins for a table. It's a very busy cafe but there is lots of choice of cake and food. My partner and I ordered a cake each, and while mine was very nice, the base on his chocolate tart was much too overcooked - you really had to bash the base to crack it. I think this was just a bit unlucky, and there were plenty of other cakes that looked tempting. Worth the visit, and worth trying again I think :)

Visited February 2013