Kirimaya Golf Resort Spa
Hotels.com
$94
$63
Priceline
Sathorn Mansion(Khao Yai National Park)
$12
$10
$85
$72
Agoda.com
Thames Valley Khao Yai(Pak Chong)
$99
  • Pool
$67
$58
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthai restaurantkhao yai national parkhorizon view roomplantation viewbuggy ridetented villasplantation roombuffet breakfasta lovely stayfood qualityswimming poolhour drive from bangkokday bedrooms are beautifulfive star hotelhotel roomgolf resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a 5* resort with a Jack Nicklaus golf course. We don't play golf, but the course looked to be in good condition.

The hotel staff was excellent, although English is a stretch for everyone we spoke with. The Front Desk staff is up to the task, but restaurant and room staff struggled with simple questions. But universally the staff was courteous and friendly.

The facilities are in need of a significant refresh. Pool tiles are chipped and scaled. Pool decking is falling apart, room (particularly bathroom) facilities are chipped and cracked. Nothing is unclean, but for 5*s it should be in better shape. There is a large gap under the room door, which means crawling creatures have easy access. Nothing dangerous, but geckos in the shower were a bit of a surprise.

We stayed in a "Horizon View" room for the additional fee, and it was a waste of money. Except for Building 1, it appears all second floor rooms look into tree branches. Nice trees and peaceful, but certainly no horizon views, and not worth the extra cost.

Breakfast is well presented and tasty in the main clubhouse. It was off the menu for the week days were were there, but a grand buffet on the weekends.

Given the price is good, by western standards, the overall stay was fine. But for the same price in other luxury Thai hotels, the facilities would be much better condition. But overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Building 1 or 2 only. Don't get stuck in a far out building with no views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

The room is small but comfortable. Staff are nice and attentive but not well trained a a professional.

checked in at three o'clock. And the room attendant knock my door and come in to tidy up my room at 3:30pm when I was just unpack and taking a shower.

The air con had some problem. There's water running down from the wardrobe to the floor. Need to change to another room cause of the problem.

The place is almost empty during our stay.

The food is good in the hotel. It's far from everything. So u can only eat in the resort. But there're plenty of choice. Thai, Japanese and Italian. Nice food. Affordable price. I compare to the price in hongkong. It's around 1000 to 2000 bath per meal per person. Three courses with wine. There's live music in their restaurants.

Too bad golf is not my thing. spent a day in khao yai national park. Hired a car arranged by hotel 2500 bath one day with driver. Actually u can arrange one from pak Chong. 1500 bath. Nothing to see in national park. Yes. Nice mountain and forest but nothing impressive. Waste of the 2500 bath.

Should try the spa.

It's a place to relax. Not much thing to do if u don't do golf thing.

Overall it's pleasant stay. U can arrange a taxi from pak Chung to pick u up in Bangkok. It's around 3000 bath for round trip. The driver in pak Chung ask for 3500 bath for round trip. But u know u can always bargain in Thailand. I think they will so even like 2500 bath. If u arranged by hotel it would cost 3500 bath for one trip.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kate W
Reviewed April 17, 2014

To start I chose the good, a beautiful design of common area as well as rooms.
The fact that the mini-bar is with no extra charge and that you get to choose how to stack it (there are a number of options the staff presents) is not something I am used to and provides some bonus points.
However, the room, even though large in size and very comfortable, is not the best one I have encountered due to the following: (a) some rooms are on the second floor of the building and there is no elevator there is a problem; (b) there is a serious ant problem - I swear that I have shared my bed with more than one (killed at least 2 the very first night).
The swimming pool is 1.5 meters deep at best - some kind of weird joke.
The staff when we have arrived was extremely pleasant but the day staff created more problems then they have managed to solve. For example, while one member of our party went to check out they have canceled all of our room keys, thus locking me out of the room and all my staff still inside.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniella A
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I booked the Kirimaya Resort from 7th to 9th of February 2014 as I was taking part in a running event near by. I booked the tented villa as I travelled with my wife and daughter and wanted them to be comfortable.
Whereas for all other matters I would rate this resort 4 to 5 star, it was the noise of all night Long parties that made sleep impossible.
On the 2nd night I called the receiption about 01:00 am and politely asked whether they could address this problem.
I was not offered any apologies nor was my request taken care of.

I mentioned this problem to the staff upon check out and left a comment on the customer survey.
So far the management did not apologize.

With regard to their website one would expect a place to withdraw and relax.

I cannot recommend this resort for customers who look for a retreat, peace and tranquility.
The managment of that hotel is Substandard and poorly educated.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Fantastic stay of 4 days at Kirimaya. All staff were exceptionally helpful and the resort has beautiful views of the mountains, golf course and pool. Muay the First Lady was very helpful in planning our trip prior to arriving. The tours arranged through the resort with Jungle Planet were great for some bushwalks and bike riding around the local area and national park.

Great stay and somewhere i would visit again.

No local taxis service so you must hire a local driver to get you around.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank machonsam
Prakard T, Marketing Communications Executive at Kirimaya Golf Resort Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Our Valued Customer (Machonsam)

Thank you very much for the review on Tripadvisor about your recent stayed at Kirimaya Golf Resort Spa. We are delighted that our customer enjoyed the scenery, the greenish mountain, our facilities and our staffs. Your compliment has already been passed to Khun Muay, our First Lady. Different types of tour programs are available at the resort, to make the most of our customer's stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Kunlanan Salee-ngam