Ways to Experience Lake Hovsgol National Park
from $2,746.00
More Info
All reviews few days ice festival beautiful scenery first class worth a visit boat ride lake mongolia water ger reindeer forest taiga nature road world winter
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2016

Magnificent.The water is crystal clear,the nature stunning,very friendly people,no fences and wildflowers ,valleys and streams as far as the eye can see.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed August 12, 2016

I just made my third trip for the Sunrise to Sunset ultra marathon that has been held annually for 18 years. The lake is still as beautiful as it was 16 years ago and I never tire of it. Lots to do and I know I have only been scratching at the surface of what is on offer. I was with children, they had a great time and want to go back again.

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

This lake is phenomenal! I spent two weeks exploring the beauty of this area and enjoyed my time at Nature's Door, a guest lodge along the lake.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

This ancient lake is a highly sought after destination for travelers in Mongolia. The scenery is spectacular, the people friendly. The waters are pristine, especially as you go north of the town of Hatgal. Boat rides and horse trekking are readily available, and there are numerous ger camps for accommodations. We enjoyed our stay.

1  Thank Carfull
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

We went to Lake Huvsgol on our trip to central Mongolia, and it is a jewel, a must for any visit along with Duut hot springs, small Nadaams in Tsetserleg and Hovsgol sum, and Karkhorum.
Last year I visited in late May, the ice was still across the lake, and the wild flowers just coming out. This year we visited after the ice melted, and though rainy the views were absolutely stunning, and wild flowers created large carpets of color.

Date of experience: June 2016