Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews baby elephants chocolate factory riding elephants caged animals love elephants gentle giants welcome drink beautiful animals photos taken bucket list take pictures elephants including highlight of our trip sun bears ride sumatra handlers
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

A 30 minutes bumpy ride with Jimmy (the name of the elephant) was interesting, exploring the village. The elephant we rode was very playful stopping from now and then to eat plants on the way. It was a complete new experience for us and pleasant.

Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

People.. You might aswell book a ticket to Thailand and get a better experience and you will end up with the same price tag as a day here. Yes, flight included. Pictures are on average 200 bhat(5€) with a dslr camera + nice frame.
Chiang Mai has elephant friendly camps with non chained animals.

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank Jowad S
Reviewed December 6, 2018

I was so happy to be here and to ride an elephant.

This park is pretty far away but I think it pays off to drive there for this beautiful 4h of your time.
First you pick up how much time you want to spend on the ride - 30 minutes or an hour.
Then you pay and get to a room and wait for your ride. They bring you a menu because after the ride you have lunch at the forest.

We went for a elephant ride and than had a cocoa tasting in the cocoa and chocolate shop. Afterwards you go to the restaurant and have lunch and dessert.

I think we stayed there at least 3-4 hours.

BTW after the elephant ride you can buy food for the elephant and feed him/her <3 And you can pet them, they are so cute and beautiful!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Way they treat the animals,they way they have placed them in chains at the sun not able to move i just hate it!!!

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank anarK9680RP
Reviewed September 28, 2018

I've always wanted to ride an elephant, and I was so excited for this going to Bali. However, it wasn't what I thought it was. I initially thought each elephant that was walking towards the loading zone came after some rest since they came from a different direction with nobody on board, but afterwards I saw that you exit on a different loading zone and they bring the elephant back around. Once on your elephant, your guide will chit chat with you, and ours told us very little about our elephant and the area. The ride itself was very wavy/bumpy; you have to hold on since you away a lot. The path we rode was a bit disappointing. It was just around the camp, and you walk through a pool of water. I was upset to see that each of the guides have a stick with a hook at the end, and I get to watch him use it occasionally on our elephant. He let the elephant stop to poo but wouldn't let her eat a fruit off the ground (he used the stick on her and kept nudging her to move forward).

The place was well kept and clean. Once you confirm your appointment at the front desk, they ask if you want to a buy a photo. You have to decide before you ride. We thought we couldn't get a photo on the elephant otherwise so we got one, but the guide takes lots of free photos for you. After check in, they take you to the gift shop where they give you a welcome drink. As you wait for your ride, you can visit their Pod chocolate factory for free sampling. The prices there are what you usually pay for premium chocolate in the U.S. Some packages sell may come with food and so they have a restaurant there as well.

Overall, it was a decent experience but unfortunately wasn't the highlight of my trip as I thought it would be. I did love our elephant. I think I would have a better time just playing with her like feeding her food and petting her than a ride since I couldn't see her sweet face the whole time.

Date of experience: September 2018