“Flimsy rooms + not so friendly staff sums up the day”
Review of Quest Hawthorn

Quest Hawthorn
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed for two nights the weekend before the AFL Grand finals. Location alright - right near Glenferrie Railway station and RMIT Swinburne if you are doing business near that area. The rooms are neatly arranged - credit due, however, on the Saturday night, nearly 11 pm (since 10pm when I got back), I can still hear some freaks still partying at the end of the hotel corridor (I was on level 2) and the noise generated could be likened as if I am part of that group! The noise insulation system dreadful in that regard if you think noise levels are acceptable at that point when you pay $160 a night. Also, in line with the comment from MelbEJ, the attitude of the girl at reception (probably the same one) just gives me the impression that she does not like to turn up to work. Same experience, absolutely no idea of what hospitality is about in this competitive hotel market. If you don't need to stay in this area, try other options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
QuestHawthorn, Owner at Quest Hawthorn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear MJ8,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at Quest Hawthorn. It is feedback like this that helps us to improve both our product and our level of service.

I was extremely disappointed to read that you did not have the best time during your stay with us. Our reception operates 24 hours therefore, there is always someone to assist with excess noise or anything else that you may require. My sincere apologies that you experienced this.
I would also like to apologise on behalf of the staff member that you encountered and believe me, this has since been addressed. It is far below the level of service that I expect to be delivered from all staff at Quest Hawthorn.

Can I please invite you to contact me directly so that I can have the opportunity to apologise to you personally?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Michael Kratzke
Franchisee

There are newer reviews for Quest Hawthorn

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed in a studio apartment that was advertised as having a New York touch. It was comfortable, clean, cooking facilities were basic yet helpful and of course modern. I thought the light system was confusing, one lamp was hard in accessing to turn on and off. I found the reception helpful and willing to please, they were also there 24 hours a day, another useful aspect. I used the gym and thought it could have used a fan but the treadmill worked well. I would definitely recommend staying here if this was the area of Melbourne you were interested in.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
QuestHawthorn, General Manager at Quest Hawthorn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Jodien777,

Thank you for you feedback on your recent stay at Quest Hawthorn.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Hawthorn on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

First off, great location, beautiful apartments. This was let down by the poor attitude of the girl at reception. It's not so much what happened, but the tone, boredom and unfriendliness we were presented with.

We booked a studio apartment with a queen bed. Got there, checked in and went up to the apartment to find there were two single beds. Of course, went back to reception to let them know it wasn't what we had booked, and were told in a non-apologetic tone that no, what you book "isn't necessarily what you get".

This was not what I was told when I called prior to booking, and wasn't stated anywhere on the booking confirmation. Of course we pointed this out, and the girl proceeded to sit in front of the computer trying to figure out what to do. There was no apology, no "sure, I'll take care of it, just bare with me for a minute while I see what's free". No smile. No niceties whatsoever. After several minutes of silence she finally allocated a queen room. My question? If there was one available, why weren't we allocated the right room in the first place?

In this situation, I understand that there can be miscommunications or mistakes, but how it's handled can make the difference, and can turn the experience into a better one. This girl needs to crack a smile and learn a little bit about good customer service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelbEJ
QuestHawthorn, Owner at Quest Hawthorn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear MelbEJ,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay at Quest Hawthorn.

I was extremely disappointed to hear, that the level of customer service you received, was far below the standard that we extend to all of our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies.
I have passed your feedback onto all reception staff at the property, and believe that this lack of service will never happen again.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly so that I can have the opportunity to personally apologise to you.

Kind regards,

Michael Kratzke
Franchisee

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Recently stayed at Quest Hawthorn for 2 nights.
Great location - short walk to many cafes, shops and Glenferrie Station.
The room exceeded my expectations. Provided everything we needed for a short stay and more.
Will be recommending to friends as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
QuestHawthorn, General Manager at Quest Hawthorn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review on your recent stay with us at Quest Hawthorn.
I was extremely glad to hear our accommodation exceeded your expectations and the location was convenient for you.

Our stylish studio apartments are furnished to suit our guest’s needs and requirements whether it is for short or long term accommodation. We pride ourselves on servicing these needs with space, convenience, comfort and by providing our valued guests with a 'home away from home'.

Thank you once again, I will definitely pass your wonderful feedback to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Hawthorn the next time you visit Melbourne.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We arrived from Brisbane mid afternoon and drove to Hawthorn where we were spending 1 night stay, we had two rooms allocated due to a family of four. The location was great and as we walked around Hawthorn to see the area.The staff at the desk were friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and tidy and had everything there for a night stopover.
I would stay there agin.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Brett,

Thank you for your great review on your recent stay with us at Quest Hawthorn.
I was glad to hear our accommodation met your expectations and the location was convenient for you and your family.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Quest Hawthorn the next time you are visiting Melbourne.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

What can I saw about Quest Hawthorn Apartments! 3 Fs! Fun, Friendly, Fantastic!

In a university town like Hawthorn, and located just a stone throw away from Swinburne University, lies this nice little package. And I have been very happy with 3-days, 2-nights stay so far. The people at the front desk are friendly and their sincerity shows. The check-in was warm, and made me felt welcomed after a long journey from Malaysia to Melbourne.

The room was small, yet it housed a nice fully equipped kitchen, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and stove. To me, everything was well placed and movement around the 4 corners were fluid, uncluttered and had good feng shui. The simplicity of the room translates into inner comfort. ;-)

The bed was nicely made everyday, comfortable and clean

Overall, I enjoyed the last 2 days here. Well done.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've stayed in a few Quest apartments and this one would be the best by far. Clean, quality fittings, generous size and everything we wanted for an overnight stay. Lovely reception staff, parking below ground, might be a bit tight for large cars..OK in the Territory tho. We would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Level 4 was great, quiet, no rubbish trucks at dawn even on a Friday night!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raelene V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorn
Glenferrie Hotel
#123 of 160 in Melbourne
Richmond Hill Hotel
#2 of 2 in Richmond
Central Business District
Adelphi Hotel
Adelphi Hotel
#2 of 160 in Melbourne

Been to Quest Hawthorn? Share your experiences!