“A good place to eat in Hawthorn”
Review of Lulo

Lulo
Ranked #10 of 261 Restaurants in Hawthorn
Cuisines: South American, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A unique Latin-American dining experience in the heart of Hawthorn. Lulo offers a broad range of South American-inspired dishes designed as share-plates for you to enjoy with friends and family. Sip on cocktails at the bar or experience our boutique wine list.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The food was well prepared and tasty, but not extraordinary. A bit on the expensive side, but that's Australia. Friendly service, pleasant interior.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This the 2nd time we have come to Lulo and my husband and i thought we would give it another chance after not being overly impressed the first time round.
The wine list was really good and they have some amazing international wines. I was not impressed with the man who was running front of house who was arrogant when asked to explain some of the wines he had listed. Overly confident and arrogant is off putting.
The freshly made bread they give you was lovely but the rest of the tapas options were lacking in flavour, some of our tapa was both warm and cold and lacked spanish authenticity.
Plenty of other great tapas places in Melbourne

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My partner and I went to Lulo after having it recommended to us via a work college. We were not disappointed! The restaurant is small, but that’s why I loved it! You don’t feel squashed in and the atmosphere is amazing! Since our first visit I have been back twice with girlfriends. For the amount of food you get the prices are good. At all three of my visits I have had a set menu, there is a $55 & $75 option, the $75 gives you a few extra servings and there is plenty of food and the $55 option doesn’t disappoint or fall short of the $75 menu. I would recommend a set menu as it’s the easiest option when you want to settle in for a good catch up with your friends, partner or family. The cocktails are fantastic & I would highly recommend a jug of sangria to share. The service I received on each visit was outstanding; the staff are genuine and happy! I plan to keep returning and I would highly recommend! One last thing, make sure you try the caramel ice-cream!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went in quite late one night to have a quick bite and a drink. The restaurant has a really great atmosphere and an extensive wine list.

We ordered 4 different dishes and each one was delicious - as good as you will get. The food really was fine dining quality. We liked it so much we ordered a desert too even though we weren't that hungry and that was superb as well.

Can't wait to go bak!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

As a retired travel writer I still travel to Spain and Latin America regularly and love the flavours of their cuisines. So I am delighted that LuLo's is a local restaurant within easy reach, because their food is better than good -- it's probably better than 99% of the restaurants I have experienced in the Hispanic regions. Their tapas are absolutely delicious, beautifully presented, and reasonably priced. Don't miss their yucca chips that are tastier and healthier than potatoes, and their double chops which are arguably the best I have tasted anywhere. But I have thoroughly enjoyed all of their dishes and keep going back again and again. The wine list is also excellent and has wines that one rarely finds elsewhere. If there is one fault with the place is that it can be very noisy when full. But don't let that put you off!