“Some of the best red wines I've ever had.”

Muscedere Vineyards
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Harrow
More attraction details
Owner description: Muscedere Vineyards is a family owned and operated vineyard, which hand-harvests only the best grapes from our vineyard to produce premium wines. We take great pride in caring for and nurturing all aspects of the vineyard and winery with a relentless enthusiasm for producing fine wines. At Muscedere Vineyards we believe that wines are made in the vineyard from meticulous vineyards techniques. We believe in small hand-crafted lots that allow us to treat each variety in each vintage with the utmost of attention and care to ensure true varietal character in each wine we release. Our commitment to quality is evidenced in our final products. Our retail store is open daily throughout the year. May - October 11 - 6pm and November - April 11 - 5pm. Weekends May - October and daily July and August we have wood-fired pizza available on-site. We hope to see you here! Cheers, The Muscedere Family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After recently learning of the total number of wineries within a 2 hour drive from my house, I was ecstatic. I only had a day for tasting so I knew I had to eliminate more than half of them from my list. Some were removed simply do to distance and others based on the look of their website. I am so happy I did not eliminate Muscedere Vineyards from that list. After tasting the Pinot Grigio, it was time to move on to the reds. I tasted the Pinot Noir, Meritage, and Syrah wines. All I can say is they were simply amazing and I bought a bottle of each one. The very next day all I could think of was the fact that I did not get to try more of their wines, so I returned to do more tasting. The result was an additional 5 bottles added to my collection. Do yourselves a favor and go visit this up and coming winery.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Having recently moved to Windsor, which is in the province of Ontario in Canada, I did not think to find a vineyard that produces good wine close by!
Well how wrong am I!

Muscedere is just that!

A small boutique winery in the wine growing region of Harrow, which is about a 30 kilometre drive out of Windsor. Small it might be, however the wines they produce are excellent. Especially their Pinot Grigio, a light, crisp dry white with a delightful taste which pairs well with with the lighter variety of food. Their 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir are the more full bodied reds which go very well with the heavier variety of food.
One can go to the vineyard over the weekend from May to October and try out their wines whilst eating a delicious pizza which is prepared in a wood fired oven outside. The vineyard is in a very pretty setting and is surrounded by woods which makes for a pleasant afternoon sitting outside, sipping a great wine. One can taste their wines at the cellar door before buying and I can assure, it would be very hard indeed to walk away with only the one bottle!

The only two regrets I have, is that like the many wonderful vineyards in other countries around the world, Muscedere does not have a great restaurant, at least for the summer months, on their premises, serving great food with their great accompanying wines. The next regret is, that one cannot purchase their wines anywhere other than at their winery. However that only gives one more of a chance to visit a very attractive vineyard and spend a delightful afternoon.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We took a nice drive this afternoon to the North Shore of Lake Erie's wine belt. Visited at lot of lovely wineries and we decided to make our last afternoon stop at Muscedere. When we approached the outside wine tasting stand the bartender loaded up his bottles and headed inside with out a word. My wife and I then followed him to the entrance where a short portly girl open the door for him but shut it quickly in-front of us. I peered through the window, the room had some customers. I guess they didn't want us. Can't tell you about the wine or food, did't make it that far.

6  Thank 2013ejp1900