“Amazing food”

Savanna African Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #9 of 132 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Savanna african restaurant & cafeethiopian & eritrean cuisine, we serve meat dish, vegetarian & vegan.the restaurant is licensed & byo.
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

My second time here. Love this place. Food is awesome!!! A good mix of meat for the carnivores and vegetables for the vegetarians. Their home made injera (flatbread) is yummy. Great value for money too.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Really fantastic food in generous portions. We had the Savanna platter with chicken, beef and lamb, and lots of different vegetables and lentils on top of injera bread. The cooking was very good and authentic. We had Ethiopian organic wine and beer which was great. Service was very friendly and owner very hospitable sharing her recipes. Great night out in a restaurant which had a lovely atmosphere and one that allowed us to talk and catch up without too much noise.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Happy a friend encouraged us to eat here as I havent been able to stay away since. Food is amazingly colourful, tasty & fresh. Service is friendly and fast. One of my favourite restaurants in town. Ethiopian food ftw!

Reviewed November 21, 2017

I cannot put into words how amazing both the food and the owner are. We got 2 of the vegetarian platter to share between the 6 of us and the serving size was huge! A few of us were brought up in a meat-eating household and the thought of having a vegetarian-only meal is foreign. Our eyes have been open! The food was so incredibly tasty and cooked perfectly.

I would recommend this place to absolutely anyone and we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed November 5, 2017

My favorite Ethiopian restaurant by far! Authentic food and great flavor every-time. My Family and I come here quite often and our experience is always superb. If you are a vegetarian you will love this place, as well as a meat lover; tons of different spices and flavors throughout the entire meal. Our go-to meals are the vegetarian combo and meat combo all on one large plate. She always put more than enough food for all of us!