“Tasty specials”
Review of Masak Masak - CLOSED

Masak Masak
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Good selection of $10 lunch specials. My favourite is the Rendang with roti, but nothing we've tried has been disappointing so far.

1  Thank Ejidy

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My partner and i ate at Masak Masak today for lunch. Wow!! From booking our reservation to finishing our meal, it was a truly wonderful culinary experience. We had purchased a voucher through groupon, but at no stage was given anything but the best of service and food. Travis, the chef is certainly a master of his trade. The flavours of his dishes were beautifully balanced. We managed to have a wonderful chat with Travis about food and travel and were delighted with the Aerated Cheescake to finish our meal. I have to say it is my new favourite dessert. You simply must try it!!! Its a truly exotic dance of flavours on the tongue. Enjoy!!!

1  Thank Jemane
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Great food at reasonable price. Everything is about $10 on average. Salt and pepper calamari with jellyfish salad is the best dish.

Nice staff but be aware of long waiting at lunch time.

They accept eftpos at minimum purchase of $10, and discount for membership.

1  Thank sonnykt
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hubby and I being Malaysian food lovers decided to give this restaurant a whirl after hearing great things...

I'd have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant!! The food was to die for!!!

We ordered the satay chicken which you get to watch them grilling it just like you would on the streets of penang! Was very delicious!

We also tried the friend wontons which were AMAZING!!!

For mains we had the pork belly and the curry - OH MY! Coca cola pork belly - IS A MUST!!! and the curry... beautiful flavours! nice balance of chilli... the meat so tender and juicy it just melted in your mouth...

We were told to try the ice cream and i'd definitely recommend.. its a nice cleansing of the pallette and very smooth and creamy and a great way to finish of a delicious meal!

They don't have many dishes and they more focus on smaller servings... but from all the food i seen others being served it was all of high quality!

One thing I found quite was the rustic good old metal old style camping cups your drinks came in!! and plates also...

We'll definitely be coming back here very soon!!!

1  Thank missdez
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great food and excellent service. We had the chicken satay skewers, seafood hotpot and a couple of Tiger beers. Good flavours, well cooked and very friendly waiters.

2  Thank EuanMelbourne