“Not the best tour I have been on...”
Review of Wines Guys - Day Tours - CLOSED

Wines Guys - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tours
Rozelle, Australia
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Not the best tour I have been on...”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

First I must say that the four wineries we visited were great. The lunch was amazing at Seville Winery. The other wineries were great and were what the tour guide explained they would be. I guess my slight disappointment with this tour was that it was advertised as a fun tour but was not much different from any standard tour. The music on the bus was way too loud for us to chat and some of the other guests were quite rude when we asked for it to be turned down a little. One of our group was a last minute cancellation and the company was not willing to refund her the price. I would shop around as probably not as "Fun" as it is advertised

1 Thank sydcarnie

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wine guys are THE WORST!!!!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Me and my boyfriend bought the day trip on living social and we organised our tour, but are yet to go. They cancelled our trip on the morning (at 8 when meant to leave at 9.30) TWICE! And by text message as well.... After we re-scheduled the first time it was ok I guess, but to have it twice is just really poor form and on fathers day as well I'm sure there are a lot of disappointed dads today!

Terrible way to run a business!

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Alice987654321
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lack of delivery!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The owner ran our tour, he was ok, and funny. They held a quiz which I won and was promised a prize I never got.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank zoefitzy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out - with a discount coupon too!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Thank you Yolande and Wines Guys, my friends and I had a wonderful day out. We had purchased a coupon from Living Social and read a few reviews which left us worried. However we had no need to be. Our bus arrived on time and our host Yolande was fantastic, friendly and funny. We went to 4 wonderful wineries where we were able to taste copious amounts of delicious wine. Our lunch (with a glass of wine included) at Seville Hill was lovely. I recommend the Blanc de Blance from Coombes Farm and the Sparkling Merlot and Cherry Liqueur from Seville Hill. Thanks again!

1 Thank Weegie81
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked a wine tour where 4 wineries and lunch were scheduled. Instead of 4 wineries we were taken to 3, and the first winery trip was replaced at the last minute by 15mins at a chocolate shop without consulting any of us.

The 1st winery we did end up going to (Coombes family winery) was actually quite enjoyable and the lady in charge of the cellar door talked us through all the wines and tasting notes.

The 2nd and the 3rd winery we went to were a huge a waste of time. We just had the wine poured into our glasses one quickly followed by the next without any description or discussion of each wine. Not what I would consider a cellar door experience.

3 Thank JennyMelb2013