“Awesome Day :)”

Wines Guys - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tours
Reviewed March 2, 2013

You need to jump on board this Wine Tour..... Its the most awesome day we have had in a long time...... We joined the group at Fed Square - Melbourne and headed to the "Yarra Valley". Our Host for the day was Troy and he was hilarious!!!!! We played a game of fact or crap along the way (which was an ice breaker aswell), it took about 50 minutes to get to our first Winery - "Coombe Farm" were we were greeted by Nikki who was just as funny but also knew her wine. She was very informative and the wine was sensational....
2nd winery was a great stop and not rushed, we had time for photo's and to take in the view of the "Yarra Valley". Great cellar door prices.
From there we went to lunch at "killara Estate" and it was a great setting for lunch and another tasting. The lunch we were provided was so much more than we had expected and we were so full and suprised at the variety of food on offer which was all included in our tour price.
Our last stop for the day was at "Seville Hill Estate" and John the owner was fantastic. Very generous with the wine he offered as tastings and another fantastic view of the "Yarra Valley".
All in all the wine tour was awesome. From the start when I booked online, to the drop off at the end of the day !!!!! The Wines Guys Tours" were so funny, helpful, and knew their stuff. I would highly recommend them to any one who wanted to do a wine tour, or even just see the "Yarra Valley" and have a nice lunch with great company.
Thanks Wines Guys and we will definately see you again :)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Myself and 5 friends booked this through spreets/groupon and we was then told by the wine guys that there not using them and there has been a fall out.They would not accept the voucher and even we offered extra money to pay what the website is so another $30 each and they declind!They did not communicate with us and did not reply to email or calls.
NEVER use these guys!!!!

13  Thank KIMBELLS
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having lived in Melbourne nearly all my life, and mostly in the eastern suburbs, Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges, I wasn't sure what to expect from a Yarra Valley winery tour.

Well it was great. From the pick-up to the drop off Ben, our driver, was terrific. The small group [6] was ideal, and with a mix of nationalities it made for a great day.

If you go on this tour, you must visit the crazy ladies at Coombe Farm. You can't help but enjoy the day from their bright start onwards.

I've had some interesting birthday presents in my time [66 years], but this was one of the best.

One last thing - not for kids. This is fun for the adults only.

1  Thank Ausman46
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a wine tour for my birthday and took the train into Melbourne to meet at the pick up point next to Fed Square. We got there on time at 9.30am and waited patiently to be picked up. Two Wines Guys tour buses pulled up and people boarded as expected. The first driver didnt have our names on his list and said to go see the other guy. This other guy had a private group in a half empty bus and said he didnt have our names either so we should call the office to see what the mix up was. Neither driver offered any kind of assistance or even showed any sign of apologising, they both just drove their respected tours away and we were left standing there calling the office which has never picked up the phone in all the times i have called. I left messages and finally 3 hours later they got back to me, not by calling though but with a text message apologising for their mistake and asking if we wanted to reschedule or get a refund.
I'm sure the Wines guys get things right 99% of times and they will say my experience is a one-off clerical error but the fact that their staff didn't care one little bit, offered no help whatsoever and drove off without a care in the world says a lot about their priorities. I guess if you hire comedians as tour guides you dont get any kind of customer service to go with it. If you want reliability and the knowledge that someone will actually help you out rather than take you money and run i would avoid these guys like the plague. I await my refund with baited breath to see how long it takes them to sort that one out.
I have only tried one other wine tour in the Yarra Valley (Yarra Valley Winery Tours) and they were very very good. It was a professional experience both times we went and so I will be using them next time.

7  Thank Robert G