“DO NOT USE THE WINE GUYS”
Review of Wines Guys - Day Tours - CLOSED

Wines Guys - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tours
MILTOPN KEYNES
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“DO NOT USE THE WINE GUYS”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Myself and 5 friends booked this through spreets/groupon and we was then told by the wine guys that there not using them and there has been a fall out.They would not accept the voucher and even we offered extra money to pay what the website is so another $30 each and they declind!They did not communicate with us and did not reply to email or calls.
NEVER use these guys!!!!

Visited February 2013
13 Thank KIMBELLS

Melbourne, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great fun. Good driver. Had a ball.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having lived in Melbourne nearly all my life, and mostly in the eastern suburbs, Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges, I wasn't sure what to expect from a Yarra Valley winery tour.

Well it was great. From the pick-up to the drop off Ben, our driver, was terrific. The small group [6] was ideal, and with a mix of nationalities it made for a great day.

If you go on this tour, you must visit the crazy ladies at Coombe Farm. You can't help but enjoy the day from their bright start onwards.

I've had some interesting birthday presents in my time [66 years], but this was one of the best.

One last thing - not for kids. This is fun for the adults only.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ausman46
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Surely the first rule of running a tour is to actually pick the people up who booked the tour.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a wine tour for my birthday and took the train into Melbourne to meet at the pick up point next to Fed Square. We got there on time at 9.30am and waited patiently to be picked up. Two Wines Guys tour buses pulled up and people boarded as expected. The first driver didnt have our names on his list and said to go see the other guy. This other guy had a private group in a half empty bus and said he didnt have our names either so we should call the office to see what the mix up was. Neither driver offered any kind of assistance or even showed any sign of apologising, they both just drove their respected tours away and we were left standing there calling the office which has never picked up the phone in all the times i have called. I left messages and finally 3 hours later they got back to me, not by calling though but with a text message apologising for their mistake and asking if we wanted to reschedule or get a refund.
I'm sure the Wines guys get things right 99% of times and they will say my experience is a one-off clerical error but the fact that their staff didn't care one little bit, offered no help whatsoever and drove off without a care in the world says a lot about their priorities. I guess if you hire comedians as tour guides you dont get any kind of customer service to go with it. If you want reliability and the knowledge that someone will actually help you out rather than take you money and run i would avoid these guys like the plague. I await my refund with baited breath to see how long it takes them to sort that one out.
I have only tried one other wine tour in the Yarra Valley (Yarra Valley Winery Tours) and they were very very good. It was a professional experience both times we went and so I will be using them next time.

Visited November 2012