All reviews coach trip executive room national holidays coach party buffet style evening meal stayed here for one night good nights sleep bed was very comfortable car park from start to finish wedding reception tea and coffee plenty of parking marie wakefield motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

110 percent recommend a wedding here at the Holiday Inn ossett. Everyone was fantastic especially Bob.
Beautiful day and night reception. Nothing was too much trouble and everything organised for us.
Michelle and Steve x

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
GeneralManager40, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Michelleelliottturke

We are delighted you enjoyed your special day here at Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Team, in particular, Bob. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’m not one for harsh reviews unless it’s warranted so I think if I could give 3.5 stars here, I would.

Still awaiting the holiday inn face lift and the fittings in my bath were broken and stains on the wall around the bin but nothing to make you give up and leave.

I ate dinner at the restaurant, our server was brilliant and had a good knowledge of the wines and menu which helped! Breakfast was a bit lacking in places, no one was keeping their eye on topping items such as butter up but nothing major!

Would stay here again for work but could be better!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear LauraR8437

Thank you for taking time to submit your review following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to read that some aspects of your stay did not meet expectations on this occasion. Please be assured, your feedback is very important to us and your comments will be shared with the Team.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly staff - from the check in to the restaurant & bar serving. Convenient location by the motorway and easy to get to. Car park was busy at 830pm arrival but did find a place. Only challenge is the room was pretty tight and access to rooms a little tricky, but comfy bed and decent new shower.
Evening meal ok as well, not the cheapest by in line with a hotel restaurant

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear RLBAllen

Thank you for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay here at Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield.

We hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

I recently went to a family wedding here...and if anything could go wrong..it did!
Where to start? The bar staff..with the exception of one young man..were rude..slow...and made prices up as they went aling!
My room wasnt ready..and when I did finally get the keys after much complaining ...the room didnt have a fridge in it..which i had paid for..along with slippers and bathrobes..( never did get those ) .so finally we get our room at 6pm.! Which at best was average. I obviously complained ..and yes the manager gave me a refund ( but even that didnt appear till 3 weeks later) we were given free breakfasts..and thank god they were..because I sure wouldnt have paid for them!
The wedding itself was beautiful..but spoiled for the couple when he introduced Mr and Mrs...(totally wrong name!)
Outside..abandoned pints of lager and wine were there..all day..and overnight..right where children were running and playing. Empty and half empty cans of pop were laying on the drive and grass..one little boy slipped on one..and had bruises and grazes on his legs arms and stomach.
The bar had no ice..what so ever..so a friend at the wedding went out to buy a few bags! (And they were perfectly happy to let him! Why couldnt they?! ) ...the bar prices were ridiculoys..and on three occasions...my friend asked for the same 2 drinks..and the prices were totally different each time!..and not by pence!
Waiting for a coffee for my mum ...took 35 minutes. ..why?
The whole place needs better staff..more organisation..a dam good clean..and better chefs!
My advice? Just dont go!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
GeneralManager40, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear activee.
Thank you for your feed back and I am sorry you experienced issues during your stay.
I understand that there was an issue with your room on arrival as you had requested a room with a fridge but I believe the team did get a fridge to your room.
A refund was given and I am sorry it took so long to return to your card but this was due to your method of payment and that the team were unable to contact you.
I am not aware of any issues with pricing as we operate using pre-programmed systems however I will discuss this with the team.
Again I am sorry for these issues.

Many thanks.

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with my family. The hotel is situated by J40 of the M1 so is very easy to find and Leeds, Sheffield and surrounding areas are all very accessible from here.

On arrival the building does not give the best of impressions - it is a very typical 1970’s construction but don’t let this put you off!

The public areas are a little bit ‘dull’ but the bedrooms have recently been renovated and are a very good standard. We had a ‘standard’ room and even with the sofa bed out it was still a decent size. Nicely decorated, comfortable bed and a good TV. The bathroom was also nice and had an excellent shower. The room was nice and quiet and we all slept very well.

Breakfast was good. Usual buffet arrangement with a decent selection of hot and cold items. One slightly odd thing - on Saturday the bacon appeared to have been fried and was a bit greasy but on Sunday it was grilled and was crispy and very tasty!!

WiFi was free and a decent speed with a good connection. There is lots of free parking (need to remember to register your number plate). All the staff we spoke too were very friendly and helpful.

The price for our stay was excellent value (less than some budget hotels we could have stayed in) and I would certainly consider staying here again on a future visit to the area.

Dear Simon116
Thank you for your feed back.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.