Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$45
$55
$46
$77
PremierInn.com
All reviewsexecutive roomcoach tripcoach partyrestaurant staffnational holidaysbuffet styleself serviceevening meal and breakfastwalk in showerstayed here for one nightgood nights sleepbed was very comfortablecar parkfrom start to finishwedding receptionchecking outtea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wow for the price I was so shocked how nice this place was full wet room to hav a shower clean rooms close to major motorway I'd advise this hotel very highly so weather your coming to visit family in Yorkshire or stopping on business I'd use this

• Stayed: August 2012
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Gwiddop,

I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations!

Thank you for your time for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to receiving you back to the Holiday Inn Wakefield!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I came here recently for my sister's silver wedding celebrations.
It was very clean & looked atmospheric!!
The staff were friendly & smartly dressed.
The food however was very nice so well done to the chefs. But sadly there wasn't enough of it.
I was still hungry after the 1st plate so did go back for more but unfortunately there was only lasagne left.
Otherwise there were no complaints from anyone. Everyone had a marvellous time. Thankyou

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vanessa H

Dear Vanessa H,

A Silver Wedding Anniversary is a momentous occasion in its self and I am glad you found the atmosphere celebratory!

It is also a pleasure to know that all the guests who attended had a marvellous time and that the team members helpful. I will pass on your kind comments to the Head Chef with regards to the quality of the food.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stopped here for 2 nights as we were visiting Diggerland in Castleford, I was sceptical & wasn't expecting very much, but i was wrong
The hotel is located just off the M1 & is a good base for anyone visiting Leeds, Wakefield etc.
Staff were very helpful & welcoming, fast Wi-fi available in all rooms but not all rooms are free Wi-fi. The room was basic but clean with LCD Screen etc, the room was cleaned every day with fresh towels & bedding.
We opted to have Bed, Breakfast & evening Meal, we weren't expecting much but,again I was very wrong.
Staff in the Restaurant area were very pleasant friendly & happy to help. The menu is very good ranging from fish pie to Fillet steak, all cooked perfectly, I have, in the past paid a lot more
for food of lesser quality than what we had here.
After a good sleep we went down for breakfast, there was a choice of cereals, pancakes, continental & hot cooked breakfast. As with the evening meal the staff were very polite, friendly & happy to help, the food was all very fresh & cooked well.

Room Tip: Some rooms have WIFI included, others don't, if you need it I would check to avoid any nasty surprises on your bill.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CMDeacon

Dear CM Deacon,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip Advisor.

Thank you for being complimentary about the hotel services offered!I am pleased that you found the team pleasant,happy, helpful, polite and friendly!

I will most definitely pass on your fantastic comments to all my department managers so that they can share the same with their team members.

We hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Wakefield.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I often iuse this venue for meeting and presentations and would like to say the staff always offer a great support and a warm welcome.Rob always looks after us extremely well and nothing is too much trouble.Thanks and keep it up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SarahB190729, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Passman York,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a delight to hear that our team always offered you a warm welcome whenever you have used the Holiday Inn Wakefield for meetings.

Rob is a valued member of our team and I will most definitely pass on your feedback to his manager and to Rob himself!

We look forward to receiving and welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Wakefield and again thank you for your time.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Another dinner party and another splendid effort on behalf of all staff. The meal itself had to be delayed due to late arrival of guests but was still perfect even to the extent of extra Yorkshire Puddings being made to match new needs of visitors! No faults with quality or portion control throughout the meal and service was speedy and unobtrusive.

Our bedroom this year was nearly twice the size of previous stays which was excellent...
Breakfast,as good as previous stays with requests for extra dishes being met without problem.
Look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Challenger530,

It is always heart-warming to read a review that begins-Excellent Again!

I am very happy that our team met with your expectations again! I will share your feedback with our Head Chef Dean and his team with regards to the Yorkshire pudding, the quality of dinner food and the breakfast and the portion control.

The Food & Beverage Manager, Balazs, will be most happy to share with his team your feedback with regards to the service being speedy and unobtrusive.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to receiving you back at the Holiday Inn Wakefield.