Hethersett Guest House
$45
Orbitz.com
SUN1 OR Tambo(Germiston)
$38
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently stayed at Hethersett Guesthouse for 3 weeks, and from my first warm welcome from Jane, the owner, through to the final goodbye, my stay here was excellent. The rooms are large and comfortable, the pretty garden has a pool and lapa with an honesty bar, and a long verandah outside the main house and breakfast area (where I would sit in the winter sunshine with a cup of coffee.) However, it is the owners and staff that make Hethersett exceptional with their friendly and efficient service, which never wavered during my entire stay. Thanks for everything Jane.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Jane S, Owner at Hethersett Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that we meet again in the not too distant future.
With very best wishes
Jane

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very nice guest house, very clean and tidy. Excellent breakfast, and a good place to sit outside and relax and perhaps have a drink. Easily the best option of the the three places that I have stayed around Bedfordview, by a very large margin.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Jane S, Owner at Hethersett Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your response.
We are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience with us. The service we offer our guests is very important and we are pleased you were comfortable.
Thank you for staying with us and trust that you will return again in the not too distant future.
Sincerely

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a lovely stay at Hethersett Guest House. We spent one night in the Johannesburg area. The Guest house is a short drive from the airport. The service is amazing, I don't think the staff could have been nicer or more helpful. This was a perfect way to start our trip in South Africa. Breakfast was delicious, I wish it had been warm enough to eat out on the terrace. If you are looking for a quiet, private place to stay with more personalized service than a hotel would offer, this is a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jane S, Owner at Hethersett Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. It is wonderful to know that your experience at Hethersett contributed to the success of your trip to South Africa.
It would be lovely to host you again, should you ever come our way.
Kind Regards

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Hethersett was recommended by a work colleague and I am very glad I took the recommendation. I had a great stay at the guesthouse. Jane, Renee and the team there took care of my every need - arranging transport to and from the airport, sorting out dinner and lunch, ironing my shirts, making sure I had everything I needed to work from my room. The guesthouse is immaculate, the facilities are great - in particular the outdoors bar - and the breakfast was spot on. Will return on my next trip to Johannesburg.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Renee H, Owner at Hethersett Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments - the team will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
It is always a pleasure to host such lovely guests and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Following our stay in February 2012 we now regard this as the standard by which we shall judge others.The welcome and subsequent service was warm and friendly but never intrusive, the accommodation is immaculately presented and spotlessly clean with after breakfast coffee on the covered terrace a lovely way to start the day. The "Honesty Bar " at the rear overlooking an immaculate lawn and shrubbery is a perfect place to relax at the end of a hot day. This is both care and attention of the highest standard which impressed us greatly and comes as highly recommended from both of us .Thanks to the whole staff for a most impressive stay , it was an absolute delight.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Renee H, Manager at Hethersett Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Thank you for this lovely review and very kind words.
I will ensure that the entire team are informed of your positive feed back.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Wishing you well