Bulgari Resort Bali
    Karma Kandara(Ungasan)
    Very Good 4/5
    Ayu Guna Inn(Pecatu)
    Excellent 5/5
    All reviewsitalian restaurantil ristorantethe cliffindian oceanplunge poolbang and olufsenprivate beachfour seasonsbutler servicesocean viewliving areaunforgettable experiencebuggy serviceour honeymoonoutdoor showerwedding ceremonyworth every penny
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed February 18, 2012

With this price tag, one would expect great linens, clean and comfortable.
    On our first day, we decided to take it easy and had an afternoon nap. To our greatest shock, the bed had sand all over... Got them to change the sheets. But bed linens were rough. Totally not what I would expect with this price tag.

On our second day, while we left our villa for the spa which was just seconds walk from our villa, for a mere 2 hours, the monkeys decided to invite themselves in for a feast, despite the fact that all the doors were shut. My iPad and my husband's cameras had "paw" prints and fruit juices all over. His glasses case had teeth marks...

Spa - I would give a 5* for the spa treatment received - both my husband and I had very good therapist.
    One feedback - please change the in-spa slippers - very uncomfortable to be wearing a pair of room slippers outdoor enroute to the spas on grass and tiles. Especially when it's raining, the room slippers with very thin sole gets wet and it's very uncomfortable to walk with on hard and uneven grounds... Apart from that - congratulations - your spa deserves a 4* for overall experience.

F&B - Only had 2 restaurants to choose from and 1 other one by the supposed beach which only serves lunch. In the blistering hot and humid days, it's impossible to even consider dining by the beach...
    The 2 restaurants - 1 serves local food and 1 Italian. To be honest, we didn't try the Italian - thus, no comments. The local - disappointing. Selection of local food was not great, some items in the menu may even be a tad too fancy. While people who visit the resort are generally fairly well-to-do, it's simply unnecessary to have fancy stuff like lobster and wagyu to make a simple fried rice or noodle, not unless you can do it really well. Balinese sushi in the menu - interesting twist but the seaweed used was not fresh. Tasted like those I have at home which has past the sell-by date.
    Breakfast was ultra disappointing.
    A hotel/resort with such price tags - served fruit juices from the bottle - just like those you would get from any 3/4 star ones - worst of all, no labeling - four types of juices served - orange, mango, pineapple and apple - and in a not so brightly-lit place, it was quite a challenge to identify. Chinese congee was lumpy while the little dish of curry chicken was fairly tasty.
    Although I've asked for late check-out, I don't think I wish to stay in this place much longer. I got up at 5am due to the noise on the doors caused by strong wind but I later got worried wondering when the monkeys will come visit again...
    The hotel staff are generally quite friendly and nice but I've met 1 or 2 who couldn't quite understand english - 1 example - when I called to ask to transferred to a concierge, to help with restaurant recommendations on the phone, she told me that she didn't understand but if I wanted, she would make reservations for me...

• Stayed: February 2012
    7  Thank Ebisugin
    Reviewed February 11, 2012

There were issues in our 1st stay in April 2011, and the GM invited us to return, which we did.

The 2nd stay experience was distinctly notches above and in line with expecations of a to-pend luxury brand. Stay was very peaceful and comfortable,that we did stayed and dined-in most of the 4 days - a good respite from our urban home.

Our heartfelt thaks to the GM Alejandro Helbling and his great staff... and we will return for another stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
    2  Thank Gul C
    Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed at the Cliff Villa. It is just an ordinary resort with BVI toiletries. View and location was great but others was disappointing!! We were intruded by monkeys, ants and lice the last night.

Room Tip: Cliff Villa
    • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
    9  Thank catchau
    Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed here for 10 days during X-mas and New Year and itvwas just fantastic... Unfortunately we had rainy weather.. But we wanted to relax after a very hectic year... So even though we enjoyed it! Bulgari is very comfy, it has everything you could dream of... My kids are water maniacs o the rougher the sea the better...!!!
    It is a very secluded property, so no yelling kids or whatsoever... Would easily come back again and can highly recommended to anyone who can afford it...
    Oh yeah... Not to forget, the food and drinks they served are from a very very high quality..., but so are the prizes!!!

The service of allnthe staff, off course conform the standards...impicable!!! Bravo E propio un Bulgari, pero....!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
    4  Thank DACHALADACHA
    Reviewed January 18, 2012

I organized an incentive group of high level business people, 115 people in all, where we took over residency of the whole of Bulgari Resort in late May 2011.

These days, it appears that usually people are very quick to write something negative on TripAdvisor in the hope if receiving recompense, an upgrade or "forcing the hotelier under fear of a bad review" to give in to unreasonable demands, so I felt compelled to write about our experience.

The logistics of planning, managing, housing, feeding and watering such a large group for 5 days, along with entertainment, internal and external cannot be underestimated. With infinite and detailed planning, and meetings as detailed as I have ever encountered, I can say the teams and staff at Bulgari did not let us down in any way, either by minor errors, or because of unplanned events, or due to lack of attentiveness, process or product.

The old adage, "you get what you pay for" could not have been more true. We paid top dollar, and we got exceptional experiences, service and an unforgettable event - that happily, was also enjoyable to manage. F&B, housekeeping, maintenance, senior management all contributed to the success, and the enjoyment by all.

in tropical climates you will always find bugs, live with it or stay at home. Wear and tear by relentless weather and water of these climates, combined with the salt corrosion and damage from being literally at the shoreline (just ask any boatie) is a constant maintenance nightmare and can show major signs of wear and tear overnight.

Being so close to nature you have the wonder of wild animals, not the wild animals you encounter in Kuta and who lets face it are infinitely more dangerous, an unspoilt beach means just that - no plastic bottles, no plastic bags, no straws, preserved naturally just as mother nature presented it in the first place. Wooden tables carved from locally sourced trees, and stunning displays of craftsmanship in heavy Indonesian teak chairs were on offer, if people took the time to recognize this from a modern cushioned plastic chair.

The Resort does show signs of having being used in places, it is not new, but it also oozes peace, tranquility and understated elegance. discreet service is just that - there when you need it - not constantly being pestered

Being able to retreat from the madness of other parts of today's Bali was for our group, priceless.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business