Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort
Suarga Padang Padang(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
$248
$222
Agoda.com
Alila Villas Uluwatu(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
$1,033
$909
Hideaway Villas Bali(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
$194
$163
Agoda.com
$3,814
$869
Trip.com
Radisson Blu Bali Uluwatu(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
$211
Travelocity
$16
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsocean front suiteimpossible beachoutdoor jacuzzisea fire saltteppanyaki restaurantpool restaurantbose sound systemfree shuttleour honeymoonmain buildingspa baththe cliffpool sideamazing viewspool staffhuge roomsurf break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

As a regular Anantara Seminyak guest and always recommending Anantara Hotel chains to my friends, I expected the same standard when I chose to stay at Anantara Uluwatu. But I could not be more wrong.

When we arrived, there was no porter outside, so we have to carry our luggages up the stairs ourselves. Very simple lobby like a 3-star-hotel lobby. Nothing spectacular that can wow you in the lobby. It has high ceiling with empty white wall at both sides. You can find many unfinished works in the hotel, there are few holes on the ceilings and unfinished paint work. Although its a new hotel almost 1 year, you can find mold here and there, even on the big canopy just right outside the main lobby. The canopy is already rusty too!

The movie room was nothing but a room with big tv and chairs and very low ceiling, very disappointing. My movie room at my own place is much better than it.

The room itself is quite roomy. But, the amenities was very basic, nothing like 5 star hotel to me. The amenities doesn't have Anantara brand on it. Very basic. They also ran out of laundry bag. Many empty boxes in the room at every single corners, which I do not understand what the purpose is. Worst part is when you shower, the water goes everywhere including the dry floor area. Its very dangerous because we do hairdryer there. To do electricity acticity on the floor wet, not a very smart idea.

The breakfast is very standard, the food and drink selection was very poor. The orange juice taste like the bottled orange juice. Not the fresh squeezed orange juice.

At the pool, there is no bath towel service and no life guard at all. Very dangerous for kids.

I hope this feedback can bring Anantara Uluwatu to the next level as same like other anantara properties. I have a feeling that this Anantara Uluwatu has too much interference from the property owner to achieve maximum effiency but sacrificing quality n design. Anantara as a hotel management should have been better managing the property owner.

Thank you and I hope this inputs help!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe C
John R, General Manager at Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Joe C,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Anantara Bali Uluwatu. We sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience with us.

We are most concerned about your comments and experience with us, which are certainly not in line with our standards, which we try so hard to maintain. We appreciate your constructive comments as we continuously look for ways to improve the resort.

We hope we will have the chance to look after you again once the hotel is full finished and we are fully up and running, and able to provide the experience you are use to.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am stay at this Hotel during my short holiday on Silence Day . Located at Labuhan sait near Padang Padang beach , located infront of a huge Indian Ocean.
My Room in 5th providing a spectacular Ocean view , I am recommended a highest floor to have this ocean view. Room are big , with a private living room and ocean view balcony. They have provide everything with details for their guest , all with the best quality products.

Unfortunately , the breakfast at Anantara 360 are so standard . The restaurant just offer an Ocean view dining here. But everybody works here try to provide a best hospitality and services for the guest .

Try to stay here at least for two nights .

Room Tip: Try to request their fourth and fifth Room for your Holiday in here
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Davidoffbali

Dear DavidoffBali,

We are glad that you had a memorable stay at Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort and Spa and we really appreciate your positive feedback regarding our resort.

We regret that our menu quality has not lived up to your expectation and please rest assured that our F&B team will further improve on this to ensure our valued guests’ expectation is fulfilled.

We look forward to welcome you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Anantara for four nights. The room is very comfortable and the pool just outside on the decking was greatly enjoyed. We had a great view from our room it was always relaxing just to look out at sea. Sometime we had the pleasure of getting unannounced family of monkeys. They were very entertaining and helped themselves to our chips we were having out on our decking. They were very cute. So don't leave your door open or valuable items out as you may not find them when you come back.
Staff always friendly and always happy to help.
If you like the huge resort style of accommodation I would recommend it.
Personally I wouldn't go back. I found going up and down the stairs challenging although my fitness did improve. So I guess really it should be a positive. There are approx. 120 steps to get up to reception area. There is a ramp also at the front on the resort. If you are stay on the other side of the resort you have at least another 120 set of steps or more to get to your room.
The resort is still unfinished. Not well lit in stair ways.
The resort does not have a Balinese feel to it at all which is something I would have liked.
Ladies go prepared with your feminine hygiene produces. I paid just over $31 Australian for a packet of 10 tampons. Total rip off. There are no local shops nearby so you are pretty much trapped.
I was glad we only paid half the price for the accommodation through a special deal. I would have been totally disappointed if I had have paid full price as the resort still is quiet unfinished.

Room Tip: room 601 has a great view. Keep in mind though that people also have a good view of you in your room and private pool. No streaking. Not private at all even when coming out of the shower you need to be mindful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joanna o
John R, General Manager at Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Joanna o,

We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding some aspects of our Resort and are thankful of your constructive comments since it allows us to provide an opportunity to improve our property and service quality.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I wrote huge review about Anantara Uluwatu during my christmas stay there and by unknown reason Tripadvisor hasn't published my huge interesting review with lots of photos. Anyway time pass by and i am still inspiring by my holidays @ Anantara Uluwatu. It's not my first time i am staying in that hotel chain and i am so happy that they don't let me down this time. It was christmas present to my boyfriend and it was very well organized. The location on the cliff is ideal for romantic escape. Suites are beautiful, spacious, stylish with attention to all details. Internet was bit slow but luckily we had more interesting things to do than using internet! =) Thanks to staff for preparing Jacuzzi full of flowers and our anniversary cake plus some other cute arrangements. I really enjoyed breakfast, variety and quality of food and unforgettable ocean view. Management was helpful and friendly, staff was with 'balinese' touch - slow and roll their eyes but well we are in Bali... anyway management solved problems very fast. Infrastructure of hotel is great for couples. Pool is not big but i don't think people come there for olympic distance swim.. i enjoyed soaking in the pool on christmas day with christmas hat on and meditate looking on the ocean from the cliff together with love of my life. I wish they add some music next to the pool otherwise you can listen sounds of ocean.. We also ordered room service which was above our expectation as menu was too traditional but we still enjoyed the food. I also tried massage which was good. Anyway it's perfect spot to getaway from stress, parties, from going out and work. And yes construction was still going on while we were there but we couldn't here noise from our ocean view room and from the main pool.. Definitely come back again next year for minimum 5 days stay that time!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BetaLaaCosta

Dear BetaLaaCosta,

We really appreciate your favorable review regarding your recent stay with us.

We are glad to learn that you enjoy your stay with us and we really appreciate your nice feedback in regards with our service and facilities.

We do hope that this beautiful memory will bring you back to our resort in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked this hotel because of my past experienced staying at the Anantara chain resorts in other locations. Upon arrival at the hotel, the view was great, but the lobby was not impressive. For a brand new hotel that is only a few months old, this place is badly maintain. Constructions still ongoing so you have male workers working on the site. The room was dusty and stuffy, I had to request for a change. Not much improvements because there are water marks on the ceiling. The pool is not big. The bar at the pool is pathetic. Only 2 restaurants in this hotel and nothing in the neighborhood so not many options when it comes to eating. Unable to see the air condition temperature because the position of it was too dark to see anything. The entire property is just screaming 2 stars. When I checked in this afternoon, I was so tempted to move to another hotel. Haven't experienced such a lousy place for a long time. I'll be stuck here until 25 Feb as I had already prepaid for the room. Old fashion telephone and lights control.

Regretting my decision to stay in this hotel. My vacation is spoiled before it even starts! Will not stay in anymore of Anantara resorts! Quality just sliding further down the drain!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
John R, General Manager at Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Silkysultry,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay with us.
It is fortunate that you shared your experience with us during your stay and we were able to arrange a relocation to our sister property in Bali. The hotel is in a soft opening phase and we are aware that some areas of the property are being finished, however we are still trying to exceed guest expectations.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I do hope to welcome you back once the resort is completed.

John Rogers, General Manager