Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
$412
$313
Agoda.com
Batu Kandik Homestay(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
$19
$17
$43
$38
  • Beachfront
$8
$7
Agoda.com
BoHo Bingin Hills Bali(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
$71
$64
$28
$26
$14
$9
$797
1,235 results
All reviewssunset cabanabedroom villaindian oceanprivate poolthe cliffvilla hostindonesian restaurantlip balmface mistoutdoor showercrackerswater featuresbutler servicepersonal butlermain poollevel of serviceour honeymoon
Reviewed November 11, 2017

The service was poor and unprofessional. They couldn’t speak English well and everything seemed very awkward there. Breakfast was poor and there weren’t enough lounge chairs. View is just average. It wasn’t like the website shown. Uphill to the room was a killer. It was a very isolated location & a very lonely hotel. We stayed at St Regist Nusa Dua for 2 nights, it was a superb resort.
Alila is just like a 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marco G, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Dear 14kenp,

We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations and that our services were not up to your desired standards. Our resort is indeed in a more secluded part of Bali compared to the hotels in Nusa Dua. English is the second language for all of our employees and we do have an English Teacher on our payroll in order to enhance our team members' communication skills.

We always strive to improve ourselves and in case you wish to forward me further details about your one night stay with us as well as the disappointments you came across, please be encouraged to contact me directly at mgroten@alilahotels.com

We hope you will give us a second chance for a first impression and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back should you find yourself traveling to Bali again.

With best regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2017

Two minor issues marred an otherwise perfect stay.
First, I was not afforded the late check-out privilege of a Platinum Discovery Group member. Whilst I understand that the privilege is subject to availability, it would have been nice to have been informed either at check-in that it was unavailable or at the very least when I arranged for transportation to a sister hotel (copied to the Uluwatu resort) seeking transportation based on late check-out timing. It would have also been nice to have been told why it was unavailable (were they 100% fully booked? this seems unlikely given that this was in the middle of the Mt Agung eruption fears). Instead, my wife and I were left to hang around in the library (admittedly very nice) whilst awaiting our transportation to Alila Ubud.
Secondly, for unknown reasons, the stay was determined to be ineligible as qualifying nights for membership status for the next year. There was no indication that this would be the case at the point of booking (through Agoda) and other Agoda bookings I have made for other Discovery hotels have qualified. The decision to include or exclude bookings seems wholely arbitrary. This was doubly disappointing because the stay actually coincided with a double qualifying nights promotion the Discovery group was running and it would have put me within a hair's breadth of making Black status the next year (easily made up with a final trip at the end of the year).

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Thank Kelvin F.K. L
Marco G, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear Kelvin F.K. L,

Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and I am sorry to hear that you felt that the stay was not perfect due to the matters raised regarding your platinum membership benefits of the Discovery program.

I have looked into matters with the team today and it is correct that bookings made through online travel agencies such as Agoda are not eligible stays for earning points with Discovery. Tripadvisor does not allow me to put the website link here, but feel free to look at the terms and conditions page under point 1.8 on the discovery website, where this get clarified. I am not sure why stays booked through an online travel agent in different hotels were credited to your account and you may want to contact Discovery on this matter.

Secondly, despite the volcano woes on the island our resort was fully booked on the 31st of October and hence we were not able to offer you the late check out as explained by my team. You quite rightly pointed out that a check out till 15:00 is depending on availability, but I have to agree with your point that the team should have informed you at the time you made the reservation for the transfer. I will address this with the team once again. We offered you an early check in on the day of arrival as you may recall and we for sure would have given you the benefits that come with a platinum card if we would have had space on the day of your departure.

Kelvin F.K. L, I hope my explanation has answered your queries and will give you a fair feeling, which may restore your feeling of a perfect holiday. Should you wish to discuss this further, please be encouraged to contact me at mgroten@alilahotels.com.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

My daughter and I spent 3 wonderful nights at this resort last week. From the moment we arrived late at night until we departed we were treated as VIPs. The small things that the resort do to ensure that everything goes smoothly do not go unnoticed. We did not leave the resort during our 3 days there. If you are searching for a relaxing holiday this is THE place to be. Let the driver whisk you from the airport direct to Alila Uluwatu and do not leave until you return to the airport! You will not get bored. And if its a romantic holiday that you're seeking this is the place.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marco G, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Dear SuSu58,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience with your daughter and I am happy you enjoyed some quality time together in our care.

We look forward to welcoming you back over Easter next year with the rest of the family and please do let me know in case I can help out with anything else before your arrival to your home in Bali.

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we were blown away with the level of service and how personal everything felt.

This place is absolutely stunning and if you’re looking for relaxation and privacy I couldn’t think of anywhere I’d rather be. We stayed for just over a week and amended all our plans once we arrived to scale back and spend more time enjoying the relaxation.

The villas are wonderful with a good sized pool to relax by and the constant sound of running water. The staff really go out of their way to look after you and ensure that you have the best stay possible.

The main pool is an infinity pool with a beautiful view off the cliff out to sea. It stays relatively quiet too throughout the day. There is also a private beach although be prepared for a steep journey down but it’s well worth it once you get down and you’ll likely be the only people there as it doesn’t seem like many want to make the journey, just take water with you.

Food is great and if you’re able to dine in a cabana I definitely recommend it, they also have entertainment in the evening.

I can’t wait to go back and stay again!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Jonathan S,

Thank you for your raving review about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and I am glad to hear you both enjoyed it so much. Often guests make a lot of plans before arrival and once they are in our care decide to do absolutely nothing but to enjoy the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Bali and in case I can help out making arrangements, please be encouraged to contact me.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

Absolutely stunning views of the endless ocean from the lobby and the villas are super private and beautiful as well. If you prefer a larger private pool, you could gather a few friends together and share the 3-4 bedroom villas instead, those tend to have the view. The staff is extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Cmonski,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience with the rest of the Trip Advisor community. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you felt the staff was polite and helpful.

We hope to welcome you back with friends to enjoy the 3 bedroom villas and in case I can help making arrangements, please be encouraged to contact me directly.

Best regards from Alila Villas Uluwatu.