Misty Mountain Resort
Forest Glade(Pallivasal)
$84
  • Breakfast included
The Whispering Meadows Munnar(Pallivasal)(Great Value!)
$45
$37
Agoda.com
Devonshire Greens(Pallivasal)
Hostelworld.com
Aadithya Regency(Pallivasal)
1,027 results
All reviewsvalley viewterrace gardenroom servicecamp firemunnar townroom windowtable tennishotel is locatedgreat viewdinner buffetevery eveningmain cityala carteexcellent locationour honeymooncomfortable staytop floor
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I chose misty mountain after a lot of search based on the reviews at Tripadvisor and I have to say that it turned out to be an excellent choice.

We reached Misty Mountain at afternoon via road from Cochin Airport and we were damn tired but the service at the reception was quick and we were in the room very quickly. Then, view from the room really freshen us up.

The Bon-fire in the evening at the roof top was really a good experience but it lacks the participation from the guests which certainly not resort's fault. The staff was very courteous and played hindi/english songs.

The food Quality of the hotel is one of the best I ever found. the Buffet is worth every penny and also the breakfast which is generally included in the package. The food items are always hot and the staff takes care of it. Even, if you are ordering anything in room (we did once), its hot and served with a lot of care.

An special Thanks to the manager Mr. Shaifeer.. he arranged a trek for us in the morning and a resort staff guided us for the entire trek. He was very informative and helped us with a lot of pics as well :). The resort has a own trek which starts from the roof-top, the entire trek takes around 2 hours and is a must for every guest.

Mr. Shaifeer also went out of the way to help us to let us use the Resort's kitchen refrigerator for our champagne and also decorated the room with flowers which was not part of our package and haven't charged anything extra.

Coming to the drawback: only one that the room lacks a balcony but the view from the valley view room is difficult to explain in words.

Last but not the least I would like to thank the entire staff of misty Mountain to made our stay very memorable.

thanks a lot

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gaurav2645
pillai5759, Owner at Misty Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you so much Sir for your sincere review and your warm appreciation of our service, rooms and guest activities like trekking within the resort.

Mr.Shefeer is an incomparable host and in-house Manager, and I am pleased that you met him, informed your requirements and he did his best to comply.
Though we try to anticipate most guest needs, it is the proactive guest who makes the most of his holiday with us.
Instead of waiting to return unhappy, it would help us both if guest were to nicely request ask for any changes to food recipes, room amenities or travel arrangements to suite their taste.
We welcome genuine requests from all our guests and do try our best to accommodate them.
Sir it is obvious you had a great time, enjoyed the stay, trek, bonfire and the warm food on offer.
The pictures are excellent and thank you for sharing them on TA.
We look forward to your next holiday with us, and do call Reservation for loyalty offers.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Hotel is located in very good place and I think this is the best place in Munnar to enjoy the scenary from your bed room!!! When we travelled, the outside was completely covered with fog and cloud and it proved itself as really God's Oen Country when the clound disappeared and we enjoyedeverything from our valley view room. Only thing I would mention, the food in the restaurant is not worth the money. It costs Rs.250/- per person (dinner buffet) but there is room for improvement of food quality.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
pillai5759, Owner at Misty Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind review and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
As I have mentioned time and time again, we are indeed blessed with a unique location – so much more approachable from Kochi, beside the highway itself yet overlooking scenic vistas of mist laden mountains and tea gardens.
The bend in the road and yawning valley below ensures that the mist rolls in over the resort almost every evening.
Sir, Dinner is very reasonably priced @ just Rs.250-300 per head but I wonder about the remark made on its quality – could you please write to me with more details?
Would help Chef Thomas to find and rectify anomalies in the recipes if any.
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused and do return for an improved holiday experience next time.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We visited this hotel in Munnar in Oct 2011 and found the hotel room to be very cold and uncomfortable to stay/walk due to marbonite flooring. There was no heater provided as standard. The food/coffee at the in-house restaurant is strictly average and needs to improve. The TV channels were very limited hence not much choice

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
pillai5759, Owner at Misty Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Sir,
I find that you did not find your stay with us nearly a year ago not to your satisfaction especially due to the cold weather. If only you could have brought it to the notice of our staff therein….
Sir , We are eager to please all but only if you approach our friendly staff with your sincere requests during your stay itself, can we genuinely help you have the best holiday ever, right ?
I am sure that they would have made immediate amends by providing extra blankets and Sir, heaters are always provided on request , and not kept in rooms, only to avoid misuse.

I am also surprised that you were found the food on offer wanting improvement.
Usually our buffet breakfast is the STAR of the F & B dept and our dinner menu has to be upgraded constantly to keep up with it :-)
Still I assure you that facilities are constantly being renewed and upgraded at Misty Mountain .

Sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and definitely promise you a better holiday experience next time.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were at Munnar and stayed at the Misty mountain Resort on July 29th & 30th 2011, the destination is mind-blowing and the location of the resort was on a height of the mountains and had a clear valley view from our room and was very beautiful especially in the mornings with fog and mist all over and it suits the name of the hotel. The resort standing aloof in the mist & fog was looking great. I have made my bookings though email and then I got a call from Anjana who worked with the main head office of the hotel and was following up with me for all the booking procedures and worked me a good price for 2 rooms for 2 nights...I loved the service from the staff which was so prompt and they surprised me on my birthday with balloon decorations in my room... Evening they had arranged me cake & flowers on request of my husband. The other room was occupied by my mom & aunty and they loved their stay with buffet breakfast included and so we had choices to have our morning grub.. Only once we had dinner at the hotel which was a little above on an average, they need to work on the food options & quality however it was not bad. We already had a driver with us taking for sightseeing and everything was so beautiful.At the hotel they had spa & massage services * gym which we had no time time to take those services...Another thing I will not forget the housekeeping staff had gifted me 2 big tea mugs with the hotel name imprinted on on it...I really appreciated this and was so happy as I never expected....

Room Tip: Valley View rooms are excellent for great views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank girlienan

Thank you Sir for your lovely review !

Thrilled that you were happy with our staff service who noted and took care of all your needs.
We have a great team who genuinely live up to our hospitality motto and do their best to see that every guest remember their Misty Mountain holiday fondly.
Glad we were able to surprise you on your birthday and that you were our “lucky guest” of the week and received our small but memorable gift.
I truly hope that every morning cuppa will help you remember your Munnar trip and start the day right !
Do return soon with friends for another rejuvenating experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Overall the hotel is fairly nice place to be put up in. nice looking reception, a small library( with old books), newspapers to read. The rooms were tidy and clean and well kept. They have a nice restaurant as well.
They also have some music played in the roof top in the evenings on some days it appears.
the staff is courteous and helpful.
If you like to watch kathakalli and kalaripayatu there is a very good show that goes on every evening close to where hotel is - we liked this actually

not so good:
games room is almost non existent and an old carrom board takes pride of places.
no bar.
The valley view rooms do not provide much of the valley view the hotel seems to be advertising and the costs dont match up. The hotel is incidentally situated close to the tea estates so you can walk if you like

Room Tip: The valley view rooms do not provide much of the valley view the hotel seems to be advertising and the costs dont match up
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ashutosh A

Thank you.

Kind Sir for your comments and appreciate that you have sincerely pointed out all that appealed to you at Misty Mountain – the rooms, ambience, friendly eager to please staff and location of cultural centre nearby.
Now for the downers – though it’s a lucrative option in Munnar, I have opted out of taking a bar license to encourage our family and guests on honeymoon to feel safe and happy with the resort ambience. But guests are free to bring their own ‘cache’ and enjoy in the privacy of their rooms.
Sorry about the minimally furnished games room- our little guests last season took away quite a few ‘souvenirs’. I am purchasing items right now and will be updating the area soon.
But I am really surprised at your comment regarding our excellent valley view rooms and at a time when we offer nearly 30% discount this season.
Could you write to me personally with more details like name of your travel agent and room no. of your stay?

Looking forward to your next visit….