Lowest prices for your stay
$528
Travelocity$528
Orbitz.com$528
StayForLong
1,126 results
All reviews pink dolphins the river piranha fishing san juan amazing experience nearby village guide francisco dry season hot water jungle experience food was great swimming with dolphins flora and fauna his knowledge rainy season their natural habitat howler monkeys
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2020

We had an amazing time with our guide, Julio. He was so knowledgeable about all the animals and the history of the Amazon. It made the trip a once in a lifetime experience. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants an authentic jungle experience

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed March 30, 2020

I stayed at Mayuna over New Year following a recommendation from a good friend who had visited the lodge a few years before.

After trekking around Peru for nearly three weeks, arriving at the lodge and spending 3 days in the Amazon was just as incredible as the previous days hiking the ruins in south.

Mayuna is beautiful and well kept. Staff are kind and attentive. The food was excellent and our personal guide (for only 3 people) was hugely knowledgeable and gave us a great insight into the jungle, animals, fauna and the families who live in the surrounding area.

Can't recommend it enough.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2020

It was a lifetime experience! We felt very well taken care off by stuff. Amenities were amazing taking in consideration that's the eco-lodge in the middle of the jungle. Staying here was the highlight of our Peru trip.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Edyta O
Reviewed March 22, 2020

Muyuna Lodge is an extraordinary place: remote enough to give visitors a look at a dazzling variety of rainforest animals and plants but still comfortable and well-equipped. The guides and resident biologist know tons of information about the wildlife and plants and are incredibly good at spotting animals. They also keep everyone safe in the jungle! Every day, I saw exotic creatures—brilliantly-coloured macaws, a sleeping sloth, multiple kinds of monkeys, a creepy anaconda—and the list goes on and on. Even though I was in the middle of jungle, I slept comfortably in a well-furnished bungalow, and I ate exquisite food that was fresher and more varied than most of my meals at home. My favourite part of my visit was the volunteer work I did. As part of their commitment to the villagers who work at the lodge, the Muyuna owners help their staff develop assorted job skills. I taught conversational English classes. Perhaps because the lodge has no cell service or Wifi, the students were more present and focused than some of the classes I’ve taught elsewhere in recent years. (On a side note, I thoroughly enjoyed being offline during my time at Muyuna—which was a surprise to me, as I thought I would hate it. I recommend the social media break that comes with visiting this lodge). All this to say, whether you go as a tourist or a volunteer, you will love the Muyuna staff and the whole experience they provide.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed March 12, 2020

The location, accommodation, facilities, guides, meals, support of all staff (from Iquitos office, transport to/from and at the lodge) ensured the successful fulfilment of my lifetime ambition of an adventure to the Amazon and its rainforest. My gratitude is especially owed to the lodge management and guide team who facilitated me partaking of the opportunities to explore even though I had gained a back injury on my way to Peru which inhibited my ability to walk far. The relaxed but professional attitude of the team and comprehensive itinerary of activities enhanced my pleasures of the lodge, jungle and river. Through the local team, especially my guide Francisco, I gained so much knowledge and awareness of the region and its people. The principles of using local construction materials, employing local staff, using local produce and having an overall environment friendly operation was wonderful to be part of as a visitor to this sensitive and crucial part of the world. Thank you for the experience!

Room tip: Avoid river side rooms unless you like an early morning chorus to wake you. :-)
Date of stay: November 2019