Tripadvisor

from $56.77
from $24.84
from $46.12
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

I got picked up from my hotel in time to join the party of 12 for the trip on 15th Jan 2020.

During the initial 2h Kew mae pan -trek there wasn't much guiding from the guide, but when he started telling stuff and explained the area's history in a small museum, every sentence was as hilarious as it was educational. I'd have been happy to pay just to hear that, so make sure you don't miss it! Speaking of missing, twice we would have left without everyone on board if a traveler hadn't told the guide - small issues, right?

I must say that the schedule was very well done; not too much time at the market or village (10-15 mins) while spending a good 30 mins at a great waterfall and just about enough on the 2h trek. (Other similar trip reviews seemed have had worse timings.) I would have trekked a bit slower to enjoy the forests and views more, but it wasn't bad either.

I think I got a lot of value for my money:
-2h trek through Kew Mae Pan
-View from highest point of Thailand (not that great tbh)
-Museum explanation (brilliant by the ex-police guide!)
-Quick market stop (unnecessary but quick)
-Lunch
-Quick local village visit with local coffee
-Visit 2 big pagogas
-Visit an actually good waterfall even during dry January (make sure to walk down!)

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

After reviewing the many companies providing this tour and based on previous reviews, I enjoyed this small group day tour. As advertised We visited a white village, waterfalls, highest point in Thailand within the Doi Inthanon National park. Gee ( not sure of spelling) our guide was informative and always offering to help. My Wan or Wang was a racing car driver for our small 12 group- very fast but I felt safe throughout the trip along the winding road! I think the time allocated at each stop was adequate. The lunch included was pleasant and plentiful. I would recommend this trip as it includes all entries and lunch.

1  Thank Lyn_traveller13
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Tour guide was fun, stayed with the group, told us good facts. Everything was timed very well. Didn’t feel rushed, but also didn’t stay anywhere too long.

They started us at a coffee farm and showed us the growing and roasting process. Gave us espresso and offered coffee soap. They did not pressure you to buy something like a lot of places do, but it was such a good price I wish I had bought some!

The actual highest point doesn’t have good lookout views, but there are a lot of pretty views throughout the tour.

There are better views than the photos I included, but these are some fun ones from my phone.

2  Thank Sara B
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

The stop at the first site was not a place I would return to. It’s dark, there are no lights and there are bats in the caves of the temple. Not much to see there.

The second site is a beautiful place with 306 steps to climb. My partner was not able to make it up do to physical restraints, but since the guide did not wait for us I did not find out until I was all the way up that there are electric escalators available. My partner was never able to make it up because by the time I found out there was very little time for her to go up. So we paid for 2 but only one got to enjoy it. The guide should have asked if everyone was ok to make it up there and given us the information that escalators were available. He was always rushing in the front without noticing if his whole group was together.

Date of experience: January 2020
Journey661209, Manager at JoinUsThai, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

We apologize sincerely that we couldn't give you satisfaction on our tour, especially about tour guide. I will strictly train all our guides to take more care of guests and give all information as much as they could.
Thank you for your review.
fanny

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

The tour was wonderful! The driver and guide were very nice and explained everything in an excellent English! Recommend!

1  Thank marciacristinaitom