Decameron San Luis
$211
$198
  • Pool
Cocoplum Beach Hotel(San Andres Island)
$132
$119
bedfinder
$148
$145
$162
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Arena Blanca(San Andres)
$236
$226
Travelocity
$197
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
On Vacation Tower(San Andres)
1,767 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were in San Andres for one week. The island is really beautifull with some incredible spots like Rocky cay, the acarium, la piscinita. You can find really good food for example at the restaurant La Regatta which serves incredibles lobster (try the caribe one it is trully fantastic) but avoid to go to a Decameron Hotels. Also if the staff, a part from the management, are really kind these hotels are disasters at least for european standards. You must always wait if you have a question (once we waited...45 minutes!!!!), food and buffet quality is really poor, rooms have certainly not been arranged since the 80's...terrible really.
Such a beautifull island with a such a poor service quality....but if you go there you will still love the islander, their music and the fact that their is still some freedom for tourists. I still recomend the destination but don't go to DECAMERON please....

I let you make your own opinion about it...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank green74
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at the San Luis Hotel in San Andres , with my family and it wa great, close to the beach... it was just a place to relax. Even though, some very young people were complaining about the long distance to down town. This was not my case. I enjoy to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Miguel Angel D
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Well as the title says that was my biggest concern and it wasn't a problem. This isn't a highway!!
The food was great...the buffest always had amazing fresh fruit and juice for breakfast, lunch was plentiful and dinners were great because you can eat at any Decameron. Go for the Aquarium on the water...awesome!

If the "General" (old rasta looking Man) still works his office across the road on the beach sporting a whack of Canadian hockey gear he is trustworthy. His excursions will not be beat!!! Do yourself a favour and don't book through the hotel, book with a local, save money and help people out. Win/Win. If you don't book Johnny Cay with the “General” you are missing out...

The fridge in the room helps because you can keep water...tip you maid and you will never go dry! I always tip...and I am well-travelled...Columbians really appreciated it...wish I knew more Spanish!

If I only had one "complaint" … we were sat for dinner at an a la carte with another couple... no problem until we realize we had a major barrier - a common language. They were an awesome couple from Argentina and we made it work with napkin drawings, sign language and smiles...very cool experience none-the-less!

Again, don't expect the Ritz or Fairmont or even Holiday Express and you will be fine!

Cheers

Room Tip: Drinks are better when you have the decency to give a tip at one point or another!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BangForBuck
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This chain needs to learn a lot about hospitality business. First of all they will not answer your emails at all, even though I wanted to use the services also for the neighbor island of Providencia. I had to split my stay at this location and I added an extra night, well penalized 25usd for doing this. Arrived at his hotel tired from an overnight in Panama, from Houston you will not get there the same day. Had to wait forever to get a room. Never in my life I had to wait so long to get a room because their policy is between three and five o clock. Then they expect for you to go to a meeting and get your keys. I had read everything about San Andres so I demanded my keys. Maria Fernanda the manager tried to accommodate my husband and I, I think she is a great asset for this chain. That was the beginning of a night mare. We changed rooms three times because the a/c did not work properly. I wanted an ocean view room I got it the first time and we had to move within hours because of the a/c. Not a good experience. Then I went to Providencia and came back to same hotel for two more nights, same thing wait for room bla bla bla I arrived around five thirty pm from Providencia so the wait wasn't that bad. Prior to getting our room my husband wanted to see it and we were given another room, no balcony facing the ac units of another building. I paid over 200usd a night for this hotel and guess who gets the best rooms well Colombians they pay peanuts for this packages so they can care less about international guest. The food pretty mediocre for an all inclusive hotel that supposedly is on the best beach of San Andres, really what beach there is no beach and yes buy your water shoes other wise you will get bloody feet. Its like all rock barely any sand. I did visit the other hotels Delfines and Aquarium everything looked much better than San Luis. I choose this hotel for the location but what a big mistake. If I ever go back to San Andres is only to get my flight to Providencia is the only way you can get there. I am a seasoned traveler and this has been the worst experience with an all inclusive hotel. Will never use Decameron in my life!

Room Tip: Do your self a favor this skip this hotel at all means, you will expend less in a downtown location. This one is far from everything and remember there is no sand beach is all rocks.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vhamnett
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Service attitude from Staff and restaurant, team appeared angry or tired, food all included, not necesarly attractive, rooms average old, remote controls did not work, beach beautiful view but really no place to swim a lot of rock. Sense that anything would be charged at all moment.
Transportation worst experience ever, although Hotel is not responsable of external taxi's they permit to service their hotel, and extraordinary abuse of taxi drivers, they would charge of to 50% higher than base fee, with the argument that nobody else can give you the service so you pay.

In general, recommend to consider other options to visit prior San Andres and De Cameron San Luis Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family