“Can't Fault!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
In England
“Can't Fault!”
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My worry about Premier Inns is that'll become so popular, their prices will get out of reach. As usual this inn was clean, comfortable and well positioned. Go for it!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Jefferson, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2010

In booking my trip to England I contacted many properties both B&B and hotels. Much to my disappointment many did not even write back or were much less than prompt and their answers short and certainly not friendly at all.
I contacted this property and Jim Hendricks who is lead receptionist answered immediately. I asked him many many questions about commuting into London, sites and on and on. Each question was answered warmly and given total explanation. Jim has a real talent for his position and that is why I booked this property. Others in more upscale facilities would do to learn something from him!! BRAVO FOR JIM and his superior customer service.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
England
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Second stay at this hotel, usual Premier Inn hotel, clean room.
Arrive late, 11pm and realised I had no toothbrush. They had no emergency packs to purchase but the receptionist said he would be happy to go to the local shop and buy one for me when he went to get the papers which he did, all I had to do is collect from reception in the morning.
Now that's service!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Sevenoaks / Maidstone Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Thanks so much for your review. We are delighted that your stay at our hotel was a good one. At Premier Inn we endeavour to give the highest level of service in all our establishments your feedback regarding our team member, and clean comfortable rooms is gratefully received and will be followed up by the Management Team at our hotel. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
blackpool
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Arrived very late after a car accident in the snow. Due to staff shortages they couldn't offer a 3 bedded room so we had 2 doubles and a single.
We enjoyed our stay but the major factor was the after sales servive when we mentioned the situation. It was dealt with very fairly and we will definitely stay again in less troubled times.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Sevenoaks / Maidstone Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us, and that our hotel, and helpful team members met your expectations. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we look forward to welcoming back to Premier Inn in the future
North Wales - UK
Reviewed December 19, 2007

Typical Premier Inn, Clean, Comfortable, great nights sleep.

A Premeier Inn has no extras, you get a good room, no pointless expensive loby/bar etc. There is normally a pub nearby, and this one is no exception.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Stayed here on 17th and 18th August 2007. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the rooms. There was a kettle with free tea and coffee and a hairdryer. The bed was very comfortable however, there were no spare blankets to make up the pullout bed. We had to request these from reception. The maid called to clean our room whilst we were getting ready to go out. I asked if she could call back later which she clearly didn't want to because she said, no need, i'll just give you a bag of coffee and milk and some clean towels. The breakfast at the pub next door was quite good although, I'm not sure it was worth £7.50 each unless you are a really big eater! Overall, not a bad experience. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Value for money, cleanliness
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2007

My family stayed in two rooms at the above Inn commencing Friday 1st June 2007.
We were checked in by Sherree who was efficient and polite.
Our family room was number 3 and the disabled room number 10.
The room was clean and, for a budget establishment, well appointed. We would have liked a non-smoking room but number 3, a smoking room, was the only family room available for 2 nights. Sherree apologised and came to the room to spray air freshener.
On Saturday 2nd June we left at about 10:30AM. I told the Duty Manager, Claire, and one of the chambermaids, that the rooms were now free to be serviced.
Upon our return at 7:45PM that evening we found that room 10 had been cleaned and serviced but it was obvious that room number 3 had not been entered by staff. The beds were not made, the dirty towels were still in the bath, dirty cups were left on the dressing table and there were no toilet rolls.
Again Sherree was on duty. She was very busy booking in new customers but, even so, she provided us with towels and cups. We had to make up the beds ourselves. This was a minor inconvenience. Sherree was profusely apologetic.
At about 11:30PM that night we went to bed. Sometime, before dawn, we were awoken but rhythmic thudding coming from above our room. The noise sounded either like a heavy person exercising or someone jumping off of the bed onto the floor (which was our ceiling).This went on for hours. At 6:45Am, there having been no let up in the noise, I threw on some clothes and went to reception. There was no one in attendance. I rang the bell and waited for 10 - 15 minutes but no-one arrived.
I then returned to my room and showered. Throughout this period the sound and vibration continued. At one point pieces of paint were falling from the ceiling onto our double bed.
At 7:30AM, having now dressed, I returned to reception. There was another resident there also wanting to complain. We rang the bell but no staff attended.
In frustration I went upstairs. By tracing along the rooms I worked out that the room directly above number 3 was number 27. I knocked on that door. No reply. I must confess that I then hammered quite loudly but the occupant did not emerge.
I then returned to room 3. My family had heard me upstairs and the noise stopped for a few minutes. At about 8:30AM it started again. I returned to reception. The other customer had given up waiting and had left the premises. Ringing the bell for attention had a negative result. In frustration I went across to the restaurant. There I found Calvin who was duty manager at both premises. I explained what had occurred. He came across to the Inn. With the help of a lady chef we discovered that the push bell system was not working. I do not know how long it had been out of action of how many guests had been frustrated by the inability to summon staff.
After explaining the problem, and showing Calvin some of the fallen ceiling plaster, he promised to investigate.
I returned to my room. The banging continued. I was explaining my encounter with Calvin to my Wife when a ceiling light fitting, obviously loosened by the vibration from upstairs, came crashing to the floor, narrowly missing her.
I immediately returned, with the broken light fitting, to Reception. Calvin promised to deal immediately but by now there were other customers demanding his attention.
Sometime after this the disturbance ceased.
I checked with Calvin later and he suggested that, although only a single male was booked into the room, it was part of a large family group and he wondered if children from the family were using the room.
Premier Travel Inns guarantee promises a good nights sleep. We certainly did not get that on our second night in residence. I estimate that I only had a maximum of 5-6 hours that night.
I have to return to this Premier Travel Inn for two nights in July - I hope that I will have better rest than on my previous visit.
Having read the revue by a previous customer in April I wonder if we were in fact disturbed by the water pipes???

• Liked — cleanliness - except that room was not service on one occasion
  • Disliked — noise from other residents
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Hadlow Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hadlow
Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge
Best Western Plus Hever Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Sevenoaks / Maidstone Hotel? Share your experiences!