“Friendly, good value.”

Premier Inn Sevenoaks / Maidstone Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed two nights. Staff very friendly and welcoming and were keen to help. We were warned about the trains, but our room faced the car park and was very quiet considering the main road was at the end of the drive! The temperature of the room was perfect and we had controls to alter it if necessary. We found the bed was comfortable and pillows were fine and there were plenty of fluffy towels. The grouting on the tiles in the bathroom was old, but this wouldn't be a major complaint.
Breakfast was exactly what you would expect. We had one cooked and one continental breakfast and both were fine. Again, the staff were helpful.
In all, the hotel provided us with exactly what we needed, at a very good price, in a location that suited us.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed for one Saturday night last weekend. Staff at reception very friendly and helpful. Had made requests prior to arrival to ensure enough towels would be in the room for 3 of us. Receptionist made sure I was happy with how the room was made up, but only when I went to buy a wifi voucher.
The room was spacious. The bathroom was tiny and there was black mildew all around the tiles and grouting.
The pull out bed for my son, who is 12 yrs old, has no mattress. I had to remove the duvet off the double bed and fold it up so he could lay on that to make it softer. I then had to use towels as blankets. The main bed was rock hard. The pillows were hard and uncomfortable, even the supposedly extra 'soft' ones in the wardrobe.
The room was hot and had no aircon. So we had the window open. There was a generator of some sort directly outside our window which hummed loudly all night.
There were people coming and going for what seemed like hours, banging and shouting. It was very difficult to sleep. I think I nodded off and managed about 4 hours max. Not restful at all.
In the morning I complained to the friendly receptionist and she promised to refund the cost of the accommodation for the night, back onto the card I paid with. It's now Tuesday and no refund has been credited to my account as yet.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ruthie7668
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Central position for Kent and Sussex. Easily accessable from most parts of the UK. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean and bed comfortable. Bedside light could be a bit better Lots of hot water and good towels. Tv reception vastly improved since last visit 3 months ago. Very difficult to get the rooms advertised at £29

Room Tip: All rooms much the same standard
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed for one night on our way to Dover.

Fantastic welcome from male receptionist, who was extremely friendy and helpful, and great with our kid.

Room was fine, though backed onto railway line. There was a dull noise from passing trains - we dodn't mind too much, having lived near railway lines in the past, but lighter sleepers might find it annoying.

Hotel has an on-site Beefeater - veggie choices here are few and far between. Breakfast was buffet for cold items, bit hot items were all to order, rather than usual buffet arrangement. Better for my waistline, i guess, but less good value for money.

Room Tip: Get a room at the fron of the hotel, away from railway line,
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jebndelorus
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed for 6 nights in a family room and I must say I would definitely be returning. The staff were helpful the room was large and clean, and breakfast was fantastic. I don't have a bad point to raise as they were none. We have stayed in plenty of premier inns in the past but this one is a gem. Well done all the people that work there!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I never normally write reviews but feel that the service from the night receptionist and day receptionist went above and beyond other service I have recieved from other Premier Inns that I have stayed in, This was the first stay at this particular premier inn and I have stayed in many all over england, several over the Kent area as I was born in Kent and family still live in Kent so come down for visits quite regularily. Unfortunately during my stay I was extremely ill and not to get graphic my husband went to the night receptionist for help in cleaning the bathroom floor, he was not trained in a spill kit use, but he was extremely helpful in helping my husband clean up and I would have personally thanked him the next day but he was off duty, we have considered sending a thank you card but have left comments on the premier inn survey that I hope gets passed on to him, also the day receptionist was very friendly and offered to heat food for my 2 yr old and suggested scenic places for him to walk rather than the busy main road, we were very happy with the level of service. The only let down was the room ventilation - which applies to all premier inns - they get extremely hot at night and we understand that windows cannot be opened wide for safety but ventilation needs looking into, also cost of room is getting high compared to bed and breakfast you can stay in.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great location, just off the M26. Rooms very nice & quite big compared to a travelodge.
Railway line behind hotel, but noisy is a minimum due to speed of train & didn't actually bother us at all.
Pub on site & can get takeaway food to take back to your room.
Car park free on site.

7 Hotel Diner
7 Hotel Diner
#1 of 1 in Halstead
Premier Inn Tonbridge Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Sevenoaks / Maidstone Hotel? Share your experiences!