“Good stop-over”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
Leeds
“Good stop-over”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is a good stop-over on the way to the south coast or Folkestone or Dover for the tunnel or ferry to the continent. Ideal if you want to be south of the Dartford crossing and M25 to start your day. This is clearly a hotel aimed at the business community and we found parking to be almost impossible when we arrived due to day delegates for the various conferences and meetings. However after 5.30pm or so parking was available for hotel guests.
One slight issue I had with the hotel is that there isn't a lift. Although we were on the 'ground floor' we had to negotiate two short flights of stairs with our luggage. Luckily for us not a real problem but it could be for people who have mobility issues.
We had booked an overnight package which included breakfast and evening meal for two at under £100. Great value. I was surprised at the quality of the meals provided for the price and certainly recommend the hotel food. Breakfast likewise was excellent.
Staff were pleasant and helpful which always make a stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you cannot manage stairs make this clear when you book.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David L
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear David L
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stop over and found it such excellent value with a great choice of food and the staff so pleasant and helpful. Unfortuantely the hotel is built into a hill making it impossible to have a lift, however staff are always on hand to provide assistance with luggage. I hope we can welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Kimberley, South Africa
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were touring from South Africa and I chose this hotel to be near Brands Hatch for some motor racing. We stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. Took a day to remember how to get to our room - up stairs, down passage, down stairs, :) but it was good. Food was good and bar very appealing with a great range of beers and ciders. Room was spacious and very comfortable bed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Pam H
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you really enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel so welcoming. I do hope you have enjoyed your tour and got to watch some great motor racing at Brands Hatch. I sincerely hope we can welcome you back when you are next over from South Africa.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We have recently had our wedding at the Holiday Inn and the day was as good as it could have been.
Going from start to finish:
Staff - so friendly,made us the priority and made it seem as though we were the only ones important. Ben our events coordinater was awesome,did everything possible to let the day run smoothly, timing were to perfection and was always on hand whenever we needed him. The only thing which could have been improved was having one more person behind the bar but we did ask a lot of them!
Venue - For us HI was the perfect location, we wanted a relaxed atmosphere where people didn't feel like they had to act a certain way etc. They had a great gym/spa where me and the best man used to the maximum before the wedding,food there was great without being of a Michelin Star quality (if you want that,go to a Michelin Star restaurant).
There is a little bit of a lacking of photo locations but there are still enough opportunities for you to get what you want.
The one thing I would put them down on is that the drain at the back where we had our group photos had a lot of dirt over so it was always worrying where the bride's dress was to make sure it didn't go over it however you can imagine if that's the wirst thing then we were very happy.
Room - normal room me and the best man stayed in was a decent size and had everything that we needed. The bridal suite was definitely a suite! Massive bathroom, lounge,dressing room area,huge bed.....just a shame we stayed in there so short after being up until the early hours.
Overall experience,couldn't fault it! Everyone mentioned how when you walk into the building it didn't feel like a commercial hotel and in all honesty that's the reason why we booked it. Our day was made so much easier because we chose that location and if we were doing it again, I'd still choose it.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jonfordham
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review of your wedding day at the hotel. It was fantastic to read what a perfect day it was for you both and all of your guests. I'm so glad we helped to make your wedding day so special.
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions, and are pleased to report that we remain impressed by the standard of its service. The Receptionist who booked us in was especially impressive, checking whether we had a suitable room and moving us to a ground floor one. This room was very well appointed, comfortable and clean. The Restaurant is an attractive room, and offers a varied menu. We had a very good dining experience. The public rooms are attractive and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Johngene
How lovely to read such a great review and hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for all your positive feedback. We will be passing it on to the whole team , especially the front desk staff and receptionists. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and I have stayed at a lot of Holiday Inns in the past, this one was very average. Rooms were a good size but a long way from everything and I was a lot closer than most,good size rooms, and clean, but minimal bathroom toiletries,didn't do 2 showers. Sorry but toilet paper in the bathroom was of a very poor quality, not so in the main ladies powder rooms, so they did have better elsewhere. We ate in the restaurant and the food was truly awful for all of us, I had a dry overlooked salmon pasta and an even worse dessert bearing no resemblance to the description on the menu, only good thing we had was the cheeseboard which was good, we waited over an hour for our main course and had to ask the very embarrassed staff to chase it up 3 times even though by now it was late and there was only another table in there. All the staff were very nice and polite throughout the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Barbara S
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am so sorry that on this visit we did not live up to your expectations or our normal standard of service. We do take all comments and feedback seriously, and we will be reviewing what went wrong on this occasion during your stay. Please do accept our sincere apologies. It was however great to read you found all the staff so polite and nice.
Cumbria
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Staff very friendly room clean and tidy and up to date. Only used the bar as we were only there for a few hours overnight but have to say the bar staff were very helpful but after hours you have to go to reception desk to swipe your credit card. I have stayed at lots of holiday inns around the country and book more than one room at a time as we travel as a group. Why or why did I have a problem on checkout, the rooms were pre booked and paid for so the only bill I had to settle was the bar bill. The receptionist could not explain the bill which had a cost for the rooms on then - off (not the price I pre paid) two rounds of drinks for around £56 but the bill said I needed to pay £14.10 so it's taken 3 weeks to sort I hope I don't have this problem again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear 63David
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm so glad you found all the staff so friendly and helpful and the room so clean and tidy.
I'm really sorry you had a problem with your final bill, when you came to check out. It certainly should not hve taken 3 weeks to sort out. I will be reviewing the problems you had with my front of house manager , to ensure the same problems are not experienced again. Please feel assured you are a valued customer and we do take all feedback seriously. I do hope we can welcome you and your group back to the hotel in the near future.
London
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for a wedding nearby (The Moat). The location was ideal for us although we did drive to the wedding as it is not really possible to walk to the Moat as some of the route is not paved. Not a problem, but do bear it in mind if you were planning to do this.

The hotel was lovely, very clean, and the staff were some of the most friendly and helpful I have encountered. The room was very large, was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable, although the bedframe was a bit wobbly. The decor was nice, although a bit dated in the bathroom. The hotel was fairly quiet. We were quite a walk away from reception, in room 204, which was up about 3 or 4 flights of stairs. Again, not a problem for us, but do ask for a different room if you have mobility issues. We couldn't operate the air con from the room, and it got very hot at night, but it was possible to open the window to allow for ventilation. There was no overhead light in the bedroom so it was a bit hard to see to do make-up etc. Bathroom lighting was a bit better but still not that bright.

We had breakfast (not included in the booking price), which was better that I've had in similar hotel chains, but nothing special. I was a bit taken aback at the price we were charged for it on leaving (£32) which seemed excessive for two cooked breakfasts and two teas. Next time I would go somewhere else for breakfast.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are a long walk from reception up several flights of stairs. If you have mobility...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear TrainSailing

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw the hotel. It was lovely to hear how friendly and helpful you found the staff.
A great breakfast is one of our Hallmarks, and I was glad to see you found it better than breakfast in similar chains. However we do take all comments and feedback seriously and I am sorry that you found the price excessive. Alternatively we offer breakfast vouchers which must be purchased on arrival for breakfast the next day for £11.95 . I am sorry that you were not offered these and we will be re training our reception team to offer them to guests on check in. We also offer a lighter selection of breakfast items such as toast or baps in our lounge area, priced individually if you do not want a full breakfast.
I'm so glad the location of the hotel was ideal for the wedding reception that you attended and I do hope you all had a good time. It is only with positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve the service that we offer to our guests and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrotham Heath
Village Hotel Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
#3 of 15 in Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!