“Good Quality Maintained”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Good Quality Maintained”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions, and are pleased to report that we remain impressed by the standard of its service. The Receptionist who booked us in was especially impressive, checking whether we had a suitable room and moving us to a ground floor one. This room was very well appointed, comfortable and clean. The Restaurant is an attractive room, and offers a varied menu. We had a very good dining experience. The public rooms are attractive and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Johngene
How lovely to read such a great review and hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for all your positive feedback. We will be passing it on to the whole team , especially the front desk staff and receptionists. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and I have stayed at a lot of Holiday Inns in the past, this one was very average. Rooms were a good size but a long way from everything and I was a lot closer than most,good size rooms, and clean, but minimal bathroom toiletries,didn't do 2 showers. Sorry but toilet paper in the bathroom was of a very poor quality, not so in the main ladies powder rooms, so they did have better elsewhere. We ate in the restaurant and the food was truly awful for all of us, I had a dry overlooked salmon pasta and an even worse dessert bearing no resemblance to the description on the menu, only good thing we had was the cheeseboard which was good, we waited over an hour for our main course and had to ask the very embarrassed staff to chase it up 3 times even though by now it was late and there was only another table in there. All the staff were very nice and polite throughout the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Barbara S
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am so sorry that on this visit we did not live up to your expectations or our normal standard of service. We do take all comments and feedback seriously, and we will be reviewing what went wrong on this occasion during your stay. Please do accept our sincere apologies. It was however great to read you found all the staff so polite and nice.
Cumbria
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Staff very friendly room clean and tidy and up to date. Only used the bar as we were only there for a few hours overnight but have to say the bar staff were very helpful but after hours you have to go to reception desk to swipe your credit card. I have stayed at lots of holiday inns around the country and book more than one room at a time as we travel as a group. Why or why did I have a problem on checkout, the rooms were pre booked and paid for so the only bill I had to settle was the bar bill. The receptionist could not explain the bill which had a cost for the rooms on then - off (not the price I pre paid) two rounds of drinks for around £56 but the bill said I needed to pay £14.10 so it's taken 3 weeks to sort I hope I don't have this problem again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear 63David
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm so glad you found all the staff so friendly and helpful and the room so clean and tidy.
I'm really sorry you had a problem with your final bill, when you came to check out. It certainly should not hve taken 3 weeks to sort out. I will be reviewing the problems you had with my front of house manager , to ensure the same problems are not experienced again. Please feel assured you are a valued customer and we do take all feedback seriously. I do hope we can welcome you and your group back to the hotel in the near future.
London
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for a wedding nearby (The Moat). The location was ideal for us although we did drive to the wedding as it is not really possible to walk to the Moat as some of the route is not paved. Not a problem, but do bear it in mind if you were planning to do this.

The hotel was lovely, very clean, and the staff were some of the most friendly and helpful I have encountered. The room was very large, was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable, although the bedframe was a bit wobbly. The decor was nice, although a bit dated in the bathroom. The hotel was fairly quiet. We were quite a walk away from reception, in room 204, which was up about 3 or 4 flights of stairs. Again, not a problem for us, but do ask for a different room if you have mobility issues. We couldn't operate the air con from the room, and it got very hot at night, but it was possible to open the window to allow for ventilation. There was no overhead light in the bedroom so it was a bit hard to see to do make-up etc. Bathroom lighting was a bit better but still not that bright.

We had breakfast (not included in the booking price), which was better that I've had in similar hotel chains, but nothing special. I was a bit taken aback at the price we were charged for it on leaving (£32) which seemed excessive for two cooked breakfasts and two teas. Next time I would go somewhere else for breakfast.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are a long walk from reception up several flights of stairs. If you have mobility...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear TrainSailing

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw the hotel. It was lovely to hear how friendly and helpful you found the staff.
A great breakfast is one of our Hallmarks, and I was glad to see you found it better than breakfast in similar chains. However we do take all comments and feedback seriously and I am sorry that you found the price excessive. Alternatively we offer breakfast vouchers which must be purchased on arrival for breakfast the next day for £11.95 . I am sorry that you were not offered these and we will be re training our reception team to offer them to guests on check in. We also offer a lighter selection of breakfast items such as toast or baps in our lounge area, priced individually if you do not want a full breakfast.
I'm so glad the location of the hotel was ideal for the wedding reception that you attended and I do hope you all had a good time. It is only with positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve the service that we offer to our guests and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel is basic to say the least . The rooms are clean but drab and dull .
It is functional but nothing special . Check out is always slow because there is normally only one person working .Perhaps it's a surprise that it is busy at this time of day . To add insult to injury while the queue to check out is growing you are asked to rate you stay !!
The bar is dreadful and generally cold .
Having stayed for years I have never seen any improvement to the hotel rooms and reception .
The trek to the rooms always involves stairs it is a nightmare .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank EK11_11
Dear EK11_11

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at the hotel. It was disappointing to read you find the hotel just basic and functional. We do take all comments and suggestions on board and would welcome you to email the hotel directly with any ideas or suggestions you have which would improve the rooms and the reception area. We will be looking at staffing on check out to ensure that guests are not having to wait, and I am sincerely sorry that you did have to wait. Next time you book to stay, please request a room near to reception and we will do our best to accomodate you, so you will avoid a long trek and lots of stairs. Please feel assured you are a valued guest and I do hope that you will return to the hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Wrotham Heath hotels

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed one night on a work trip. There were plenty of parking spaces when I arrived and getting checked in by the friendly lady on reception was quick and easy. It’s quite expensive considering its not particularly near anything and the rooms are just ok nothing fancy. The hotel reception is quite nice but it’s a bit bland elsewhere.

The room I was given was miles away. it felt like we walked for ages up many different flights of stairs. Once at the room it was quite pleasant. Again, a little bland but it was nice and big. The bathroom was a little dated and wasn't the cleanest. The bath tub clearly hadn't been wiped down at all.

The main reason for this hotel not getting a great review from me was the noise in the mornings. I was out late the night before (3am) and I know people will start emerging from bed and moving about in the morning but at about 0800-0830 the cleaners tried to enter my room. it scared the hell out of me! I was very much asleep and someone trying to open the lock on my door spooked me out. They then went about their business and banging on every door along the corridor yelling "Housekeeping, Housekeeping" It was so annoying. Then you got the hovers going in the room next door. I then felt rushed to leave my room before my check out time because of the cleaners kept knocking on the door "HOUSEKEEPING"

Room Tip: Don't forget that "Do not disturb" sign if you want to have a peaceful morning!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear rich210uk

Thank you for your feedback. We do take all of our guests comments seriously. One of our Hallmarks is to offer our guests a great nights sleep and unfortunately on this occasion you did not get this. Please acccept my sincere apologies. I will be addressing your issues with my housekeeping manager to ensure that instances like these do not happen again. Please feel assured that you are a valued guest and it is only with feedback like this that we can strive to improve the service that we offer to our guests.

It was good to read that you found the hotel nice and the staff helpful and friendly and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
pretty village, north yokshire
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel staff are always friendly. Rooms are spotless, beds unbelievable, the breakfast never less than exceptional and the pool opens from early til late. Everything we need - close to the motorway - yet all the rooms are nearly silent. Cool in summer - always warm enough in winter - how do they do it? Convenient for London, Kent or an overnight stop en-route to the ferry. Yes the hotel is sprawling over the hillside - but that's why it's so quiet! Can't have it both ways. No lifts - but there are accessible rooms. We stay 3-5 times a year to visit friends, family, relatives, London and the seaside - it's a perfect location for us for everything we want to do

Room Tip: They're all good - all spacious, the further you walk - the quieter it is!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
How lovely to read such a great review. Thank you for all your kind comments regarding the hotel and all the staff. It means a lot to the team to get great feedback and I will be making them all aware of it. I am so glad we are such a perfect location for all of your needs and look forward to welcoming you back at your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrotham Heath
Village Hotel Maidstone
#4 of 15 in Maidstone
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,537 reviews
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!