“What a gem”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
KENT
“What a gem”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I took my mum for a mothers day gift and we had a wonderful weekend. The check in was easy and the room was huge. We had a family room with 2 double beds it was comfy and there were choices of pillows! We went for a swim and a jacuzzi and it was nice and quiet... for a while just us, which was lovely. Normal extras like towels and a cossie spinner made it easy for hotel guests to enjoy. We used the garden outside the conservatory and enjoyed a starbucks chocolate and tea in a secluded sun trap. Dinner was nice with great service from all the waiting and bar staff. As i said before the bed was comfy and reasonably firm which is just what i like. Breakfast was great - huge choice and all great quality. Again check out was easy. We had a lovely relaxing quiet break for just £107 dinner bed and breakfast and £35 on top for drinks. I would definately go again with my husband or a girlie break. A comment for the hotel directly would be that u should bring back the in room paper version of the hotel details... it was such a pain having to find out information using the television such as we didnt know the pool provided towels/what time check out was/how much films were and ended up giving up and phoning reception. Something to read in the room would highlight your facilities and be a lot easier to gain information.

• Stayed April 2013
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I'm glad you and your mum had a lovely weekend with us and enjoyed all of the facilities. Your comments about the information on the television have been noted.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife, my three daughters and I stayed here for three days as a cheap base to visit London. Rome was very comfortable, staff were some of the most helpfulI have experienced and the food in the restaurant was lovely (kids ate free which was a bonus on our budget). Location enabled us to explore some fantastic hidden gems in countryside around hotel and also London. We drove in and parked in O2. We got all day travel cards for underground for just over £18 in total and had a fantastic day. Even kids (14, 10 & 7) looked forward to returning to hotel.
Only downside was , we chose our dates based on the pool being refurbished the week before, but we only got one swim on the Monday and pool closed afterwards. Spoiled it a wee bit for kids, but overall great hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you and your family had such a great stay. I do hope you enjoyed London and the other places you visited. Sincere aplogies that the pool had to be re closed during your stay.
Swindon, UK
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Normally rooms at this hotel go for (from what I've seen) around the 90-110GBP mark B&B. Don't ask me how (I dont know!) - but I got a room for just over 50GBP B&B.

Very nice public areas (restaurant, bar etc). Getting to rooms can be a bit of a "mission" - it's a fairly sprawling hotel over just a couple of floors. Rooms are average - clean, comfortable, but nothing to write home about.

Oh, and as per a previous reviewers comments 16GBP for 24 hrs WiFi? Come on Holiday Inn! Oh and no, the response of "good value given the security of the connection" is NOT good enough. Pretty much everyone has WiFi at home these days, and last time I checked, it was free to enable security at home!

Oh, and the breakfast was a tasty, but near-cold self serve buffet. Served from 6:30am, and I was there at 6:30am. God help those that arrived later.

For a business overnight stop, at 50 quid it was worth it. At normal prices it wouldn't be.... Unless their WiFi policy changes....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the tiem to review the hotel. I'm glad you managed to get such a good rate for your stay.
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My mother and I have been staying here twice a year now for about 6-7 years. Also my husband stays here with his colleagues from Airbus. My mother and I have always found it very friendly, with all staff willing to please and help you during the entire stay. Even the receptionist has carried our bags for us. Housekeeping is ACE, especially the Housekeeping Manager. We had some noise once in our next door room, they were very apologetic and gave us a good will gesture as these two particular lads should not have been allowed to check in at 3am in the morning. If there are any problems, they always go out of their way to assist. When I visit my mum in Kent I know were are always going to feel cosy and 'at home'. Nice gym and pool too, with good service.
I have been in communication over the last few weeks with Rachael and Charlotte and the receptionists, they have always promptly replied to my emails and given us the choice of room to suit. Excellent customer service once again, even electronically!
We look forward to our next visit on Monday 15th April for 3 days/nights.

Room Tip: there is no lift, so ground floor, but not at front near reception/restaurant or bar. If you like s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kate H
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. It was lovely to hear all your wonderful comments especially regarding the service and staff. I'm so glad you find us a cosy, homely and friendly hotel and look forward to keep welcoming you back.
DARTFORD, KENT.UK
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good sized family room - breakfast could have been better, not a fantastic choice.
Ideal for a stay over after a function and reasonable if booked all enough in advance.good location and easy access from M20 and A20.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am so sorry that you found there was not much choice at breakfast. I was however pleased to hear you found us in such a good location, and I do hope that you enjoyed the function that you attended.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed overnight as had meeting early morning. Booked dinner, bed and breakfast deal - very good value. Asked for a quite room and was pleasantly surprised as very little noise was heard overnight. Room plenty big enough as only had a standard room. Used pool in morning and very few people there so nice and relaxing. Meals good and restaurant staff all very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Saz500
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I'm so glad you had such a great stay and found the staff so pleasant.
Eastbourne.UK
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn Maidstone-Sevenoaks is way more than an overnight stay. You may pay a little more but the swimming pool, sauna, steam room, gym are all included in the night stay. You can pay the breakfast price or you can sit in the beautiful front hall area and enjoy a light breakfast and excellent coffee.
We were there in order to spend a whole day at Leeds Castle - the most magnificent castle and superb extensive grounds. Ideally you would arrive on Friday evening and spend two nights to make the most of the luxury of this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Wherever you room is situated it will be quiet because it is nicely positioned off main roads.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I am so glad you found it more than just an overnight stay and were able to make use of all our great facilities. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Leeds Castle.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrotham Heath
Hadlow Manor Hotel
Hadlow Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hadlow
Days Inn Sevenoaks Clacket Lane

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!