“A good place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
Reviewed January 19, 2013

All in all, very good, the rooms were well equipped, beds were comfortable and the hotel was quite during the night time hours, which cannot be said for some places, i.e. doors slamming, voices, footsteps in the corridors etc.
Breakfast was great, really filling and well cooked and prepared, the staff were helpful and attentive, and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the hotel. It was good to hear you enjoyed your stay and how great you found the breakfast and the staff. A great breakfast is one of the things we pride ourselves on as a company.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stay here every year in January for two nights with my family (10 of us) and its great. Service is always good but this year Ollie in the Bar was simply excellent. He looked after us both nights and was so nice and friendly and could not do enough for us.

The rooms were great - we have a family room and its a good size with everything you could want.

We will be back again next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. It was good to hear what a great stay you had. I'm glad our large family rooms meet your requirements and I was pleased to hear how well the staff looked after you.
I look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

but a good vacuum cleaner is a good investment, I've discovered. We had a large room which showed evidence of the previous occupants' stay: on a cursory inspection a smeared mirror, a child's toy on the floor, and pencil sharpenings and sweet wrapper in the bathroom. It wasn't a one-night stopover and, as we were staying for three nights, we asked that the room be thoroughly cleaned while we were out on the first day. The container for paper tissues was empty so we left it in a prominent place so that it would be filled. However, on our return, it had been returned to the bathroom, still empty and
it was clear that a deep clean had not been done, the mirror was still streaked and we trod on more rubbish from the previous occupants such as grape stalks, crisps, pips and nuts. We showed these to the receptionist and, while we were eating our evening meal, the manager came to talk to us and gave us 50% off our food. The cleaning was done by the waiting staff from the restaurant and they were still in there when we got back to the room.
They had done as good a job as could have been done in the circumstances, but the waiter had to clean the mirror with his tie as there were no cloths.
On our final day, housekeeping had left us a bottle of wine and an apology note but what made me realise that their vacuum cleaners are clearly not man enough for the job was when I sat at the desk and my bare feet came across an inter-dental brush, two hairpins and other unidentifiable rubbish - not ours. At no point did I look under the beds. I was scared to. But we couldn't miss the black beard hairs in the bathroom - again, nothing to do with us and missed by housekeeping for the third consecutive day.
We were given the opportunity to join the holiday inn priority club. I don't think so! On our last evening, even though the hotel had provided a printed list of Christmas opening times, the restaurant could not take our booking because they'd decided to close an hour and a half earlier than that stated on the list. At breakfast on the last morning there was no one to greet and seat us and we had to find our own table and coffee.
So £11 off an evening meal, a bottle of wine and the gift of a couple of "rubber ducks for change" (curiously, the charity Hilton hotels support!) would have gone some way towards a new Dyson which would certainly make the housekeepers' job easier and the results more acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. My sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced with regards to the cleanliness of your room. This is far from acceptable and I will be investigating this further and taking action where necessary. It is in our best interest to ensure we continually improve our service and this is what we strive to achieve.
I do hope that at some point we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel staff were welcoming & very friendly. The room was nice & clean. The use of the health suite was an added bonus - so nice to have a swim & a sauna.
The price was excellent as we had booked a few weeks in advance we got a really good deal. Definately being staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for all your great comments about the hotel and the staff. I'm glad you were able to make use of the health club using the sauna and the pool. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel was good but the restaurant was overpriced and the staff in there a bit stuck up. We went to eat at the Beefeater down the road which was way better. The rooms here are very nice and we got a great price for the quality. There was a wedding on when we went which seemed to get priority but I want it to if it was my wedding so I can understand that.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, I'm glad you liked the bedrooms and the hotel.
I'm sorry that you found the restaurant overpriced, our prices are in line with other restaurants in the area. I do hope it will not deter you from returning to the hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed six nights over the Christmas holiday. The front desk staff were welcoming and very helpful. The lobby, bar area and restaurant were attractive and comfortable. The room was adequate but slightly shabby...red stains on the carpet. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were appalling. They offered soft, medium and firm pillows, but even after having all three, I could not discern the difference between them. They could do so much better. The young bartenders were friendly and accommodating....willing to make a drink they were unfamiliar with. Parking was free and it was quite a large lot. I do agree with a previous reviewer with regard to the numerous Christmas parties. They pretty much took over the hotel. We did not appreciate the noisy women running through the halls at 2am on Thursday of our stay. Our main complaint was the high fee for Internet.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzyQ5

It was good to hear that you found the hotel and staff so welcoming.
I am sorry that you felt the Christmas parties overtook the hotel. We will be reviewing our Christmas party arrangements for next year.
The fee for the internet covers the security and speed of the wi fi at the hotel, and my apologies that you found it so high.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed at the hotel in December prior to a family visit to Lapland UK. Found the hotel to be a pretty standard Holiday Inn offering, nice reception staff, clean and comfortable, not the latest in bedroom fittings, but perfectly adequate. Amazing sized family room which slept 3 adults and two children very comfortably.

Where the hotel let itself down very badly was the fact that they placed the importance of Christmas parties above that of normal guests, or simply accept bookings for greater numbers than they can cater for. When we asked to book a table for dinner, we were told that the hotel could only offer a handful of tables in the conservatory area, as the main room was being used for a Christmas party. Fair enough, but they went on to say that they would only serve dinner to hotel guests from 5.30 to 7.30, because after that the kitchen would be busy catering for the party. When we sat down for dinner, we were served by a nice enough waiter who was trying to serve all guests in the conservatory, but we were definitely rushed to make our order. He explained that he had to get our food out quickly, before the rush started for the Christmas party. The guy was only doing his job, it was certainly not his fault that the hotel overbooks and forces normal guests to rush what should be one of the nicest parts of an hotel stay.

Overall decent hotel and nice staff, but Holiday Inn needs to re-consider its priorities in terms of the treatment of its bread-and-butter normal guests, vs the large revenues gained from group events.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am extremely sorry you had a limited time to have your dinner and felt rushed. We will be reviewing our dining arrangements for the festive period next year.
I am glad however that you liked the good sized family bedroom.
I do hope the children enjoyed the visit to Lapland UK.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrotham Heath
#5 of 17 in Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Best Western Plus Donnington Manor Hotel
Mercure Tunbridge Wells

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!