“Step up to shortcomings”

Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wrotham Heath
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Step up to shortcomings”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nothing in any advance publicity or in confirmation of booking indicated that this was other than a single storey building. (See photograph which heads the website) However, it is on two levels - only some disabled rooms are situated on the ground floor, the remainder are upstairs (22 to be precise) and the building does not contain any lifts. So, when I took a party of 30 to stay for 5 nights it was quite difficult for some of my friends to cope with that aspect. Otherwise, the hotel is well presented and welcoming. Quite comfortable and quietly situated. Dinners were not that impressive - breakfast which was perfectly adequate was hot and plenty of variety. Good parking area, free, adjacent to hotel.

Room Tip: If you have any difficulty walking ask for a disabled room on the same level as "reception"...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed many aspects of your stay at the hotel.
However I am sorry that you thought the hotel is on a single level. It is in fact built into a hill side thus having a couple of levels but making it impractical to have a lift. Apologies if your friends found it difficult to cope , I wish we had known about it at the time and been able to offer your party more assistance.
I do hope it will not stop you and your friends returning in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

A very nice hotel just off the motorway, set in nice grounds, excellent staff, very good food, comfortable warm room, plenty of parking, worth more than I paid for the night. tv and wifi as you would expect, excellent

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that you liked all aspects of your stay and it met all your requirements.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed here for one night only (would have liked to stay longer). Very convenient location close to motorway network. The room was very large with plenty of storage space, 2 armchairs, a desk, and a personal use fridge!! The bathroom was well equipped with both bath and overhead shower with plenty of hot water! The bed was large and very comfortable, with plenty of pillows!! We had requested a quiet room as my wife is a light sleeper, the room we had was at the rear of the hotel overlooking gardens and was very quiet!
The staff we met were polite, cheerful and helpful, and the whole place including our room was very clean. Because we were meeting family and going to a party, we did not eat at the hotel, so cannot comment. For the price we paid (£60, Laterooms.com), it was excellent value and we would most definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Room at the rear of the hotel would be quieter, ours was very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
It's good to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad the staff were able to provide you with a quiet room. We do try to accommodate all guest requests where possible.
Thank you for all your kind comments and taking the time to review the hotel.
I hope you enjoyed your family gathering and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight for a family wedding reception. I was very impressed with our executive room which was clean and tidy and I especially liked the decor. The shower curtain and bath mat could do with changing but other than that the room was of a very high standard and we were really pleased with it. I was impressed with the reception and bar staff. They were very attentive, pleasant and helpful at all times. The reception area and bar were spotless and there were loads of seating for everyone. I didn't use any of the facilities or endulge in a breakfast, but that was purely due to lack of time, so can not make any comment. A lovely overnight stay and would not hesitate to stay again. Thank you to all the staff.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay and how impressed you were with the staff and cleanliness of your room. It is always good to hear feedback like this.
I hope you enjoyed the family wedding and certainly hope you will be able to stay with us again in the future.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

stayed here for 2 nights , hotel is fundamentally sound but is well over due a makeover . The bar area ,rooms and corridors are shabby and depressing.
The breakfast has been cost reduced over the years but is ok . The major negative with this hotel is the layout , there are no lifts and other than a couple of rooms ,you need to climb stairs .Good location ,would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room if steps are a problem.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to review our hotel. We frequently take the time to paint and refresh the rooms and corridors.
Unfortunately the hotel is built into a hill, making it impractical to have a lift. However I am glad to hear you would stay with us again.
Sunshine coast
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a relatives wedding close by on 7th & 8th September 2012. This was around the fifth time I have stayed I have st say standards have dropped. The staff were disinterested at times, and were messing around playing pranks in the bar on Friday night. This would not normally bother me however it was very in your face and very loud in the bar area as there were only a few couples in the bar we were made to feel in the way until this group of staff went off duty, I must say the night porter was far more pleasant to be served by.
The following morning we had breakfast again the staff were disinterested and the quality was certainly not worth what we paid. On whole I felt that the standards had fallen far from my previous experience. One member of staff was very helpful, polite and friendly however the night duty Manager on Saturday 8th September was extremely rude and unhelpful when our key wouldn't work to re-enter our room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrian38
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. My sincere apologies for the shortcomings in the service you received from some of the staff. This is far from acceptable and I will be investigating this further and taking action where necessary. It is in our best interest to ensure we continually improve our service and this is what we strive to achieve.
However I am pleased to see you found the night porter and a member of staff on Saturday pleasant.
I do hope I can welcome you back in the near future. Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Maidstone Sevenoaks.

Travelers are raving about these Wrotham Heath hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Wow! A room that has 5 beds in it, with breakfast AND the children eat free! Amazed at the value. The rooms were great and very clean. Not one of the children complained about their beds - and all of mine are teenagers. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was lovely although the bread was somewhat lacking and we had to wait 10 mins for a table. Complimentary coffee and cake is served in reception although you may need to ask for hot coffee as mine was not hot enough. We did not have time to sample the pool as we were rushing off to the euro tunnel (40 mins) the next day. All in all, I don't think you can beat the value for money if you are the larger family. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thomassuu
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and liked the large family room. Apologies for the wait at breakfast, but I am pleased you enjoyed it. I hope you enjoyed your trip on the Euro Tunnel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrotham Heath
Hilton Maidstone
Hilton Maidstone
#8 of 15 in Maidstone
Mercure Tunbridge Wells

Been to Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks? Share your experiences!