Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks
$82
Hotels.com
$68
$66
No64 at the Joiners(West Malling)
$155
PremierInn.com
$80
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewstwo double bedsmobility issuesgood sizewould highly recommend this hotelleisure facilitieslarge hotelwould stay againkids eat freeground floorevening mealstayed here for one nighttea coffeesteam roomfamily roommotorwaygymexecutive
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Wow! A room that has 5 beds in it, with breakfast AND the children eat free! Amazed at the value. The rooms were great and very clean. Not one of the children complained about their beds - and all of mine are teenagers. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was lovely although the bread was somewhat lacking and we had to wait 10 mins for a table. Complimentary coffee and cake is served in reception although you may need to ask for hot coffee as mine was not hot enough. We did not have time to sample the pool as we were rushing off to the euro tunnel (40 mins) the next day. All in all, I don't think you can beat the value for money if you are the larger family. Would stay again.

1  Thank thomassuu
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and liked the large family room. Apologies for the wait at breakfast, but I am pleased you enjoyed it. I hope you enjoyed your trip on the Euro Tunnel.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have 6 in our family so normally have to get two rooms. This room slept all 6 of us and at £129 for two days was a bargain. The room was clean, hotel dated in parts compared so some other holiday inns but overall was a great bargain. The staff were lovely. The kids loved the pool which was clean and tidy.

Kids ate free in the restaurant .... overall a great bargain. Its only downside was there were no lifts only stairs, but this was not a big deal as we all can walk. We used this as our base for Chessington which was a 40 min drive away.

Room Tip: if you have trouble with mobilty get a room on the ground floor as no lift
1  Thank mmmmcupcake

It's good to hear that you liked the family room, and could all stay together. The kids eat free policy is a great offer that I'm glad you were able to take advantage of.
Unfortunately the hotel is built into a hill, therefore there are a number of levels making it not practical to have a lift.
I hope you enjoyed Chessington.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Was a lovely place to stay was only there for one night.
The room was comfortable and the swimming pool was certainly an added bonus.
It's directly off the motorway so perfect location but it is not affected by noise from the motorway.
If you don't want to eat at the hotel then theres a couple of restaurants nearby including a beefeater, chinese and a couple of country pubs.
The receptionist was helpful when we were checking in/out etc
Also had breakfast and it was lovely nothing to complain about!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NaomiEmma
HolidayInn_Maidstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Many years ago this used to be the Post House Hotel at Wrotham and had an excellent reputation for just about everything so I booked to stay here with my family as a stopover on a trip to Europe using Priority Club points.

Making the original booking was quite straightforward but due to a change in plans making an amendment felt a lot more difficult than it should have been and ended up having to phone the reservations line to solve the problem.

The hotel is easy to get to by car and is situated just off the M26 motorway at Wrotham which is close to Sevenoaks and Maidstone.

We arrived at the hotel mid afternoon and checked in - the receptionist was friendly enough and got me to sign the Priority Club sign in sheet and then promptly let me know that as breakfast wasn't included did I want to buy some vouchers - up until this point it seemed nigh on impossible to find anyone who could tell me whether or not breakfast would be included on points - clearly it isn't!

Having got the room keys we established that it was a bit of a hike to the room and that there was no lift so beware if you've got heavy bags or someone who needs assistance. Walking past the bar area and along the corridor next to the health club there was an extremely strong and unpleasant odour which smelt like urine but no obvious source.

The room itself was fairly standard with 2 double beds and a sofa bed, flat screen TV, desk, tea & coffee making facilities, a mini fridge with a pint of milk, air conditioning and an ensuite bathroom. The beds were quite comfortable with the now usual selection of pillows available in Holiday Inn hotels so a good night's sleep was had by all. The bathroom was rather small and functional but in need of some redecoration.

The 6 o'clock alarm call eventually arrived late at 06.10.

We made our way into breakfast and were faced with a less than friendly waitress who took my voucher and seated us towards a table and then promptly failed to bring any tea or coffee until asked again later when she re-appeared. Breakfast itself was a fairly limited self service buffet although what was on offer was of a good standard and well presented. Somewhat off-puttingly whilst standing at the buffet another waitress asked for my voucher again and then couldn't find where the original waitress had crossed us off the list. Table clearance and coffee replenishment was certainly not a strong suit at breakfast.

After breakfast we looked in at the health club and to be honest felt quite disappointed as it was very clinical looking at not the fun pool I remembered from years ago. It must also be said that by the now the 'smell' had also disappeared.

Check out was also a little disturbing as we'd appeared to accrue 3 charges for breakfast as opposed to the 1 we'd expected but this was quickly rectified by the lady on reception.

Overall I was really disappointed with my stay here as my 'rose-tinted' recollection of the former Post House had been extremely favourable and my stays in other Holiday Inns had also been mostly positive. In general I just felt an air of indifference towards the guests and that the bare minimum was being provided in terms of quality. I wouldn't say that I'd never stay here again, but I'd certainly think twice even if it was on a freebie and even then maybe take a trip up the M20 and stay somewhere in Maidstone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. It's good to hear you had a good nights sleep and enjoyed the breakfast. I'm glad the staff were able to rectify the problems you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

A very good example of the Holiday Inn brand, everything was as it should be and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Just a word of caution although on a number of levels there are are no lifts.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I'm glad you liked the hotel and found the staff so friendly and helpful. We do only have 2 floors at the hotel but as it is built into a hill unfortunately there are a number of levels making it not practical to have a lift.