We have been staying at this Holiday in for several years now. When we first stayed we couldn't believe how good it was for a holiday inn. The rooms were smart and the service excellent. We stayed in 2009 and were shocked at the state of the place, particularly the carpets. We were told that it was due to flood damage. When we booked to go this year we assumed it would have been refurbished in 2 years (or at least carpets replaced). We were disappointed to see the carpets in the lounge area were still horrible and stained. The rooms were quite shabby and the bathroom was dirty. The service was terrible. The harassed barman kept getting our order wrong. He was grumpy and had clearly had enough of running the busy bar on his own.
The internet access was overpriced. On the plus side it was nice to get a smoking room.
I really hope this hotel improves as we used to love staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The pretty Kent countryside welcomes you to Holiday Inn Maidstone-Sevenoaks, located just off junction 2A of the M26 motorway. Close to the M20 and the village of Wrotham Heath, 40-min drive from Channel Tunnel, 32 miles from London Gatwick Airport and only 2 miles from Borough Green train station. Visit Brands Hatch for motor-racing events in 15 minutes, Leeds Castle, London Golf Club, Hop Farm Family Park and King’s Hill Business Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks Hotel Wrotham Heath
- Holiday Inn Sevenoaks
- Sevenoaks Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks Wrotham Heath, Sevenoaks District, Kent