“A relaxing stay”

Pretty Maid House Bed & Breakfast
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A relaxing stay”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here just one night. Would agree with all the previous positive comments. Andy was very welcoming on arrival and checked with us whether we were happy with everything in the room. He also went out of his way to book us a table at the local pub as it was Saturday night. Everything was spotless. Breakfast was excellent - Andy is an accomplished cook/chef. We had thought it might be noisy at night due to the main road being very near, but the noise was masked by trees and we were not bothered atall.

Room Tip: The ground floor room at the back is very spacious (has a bathroom suitable for the disabled if need...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cambridge
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight on a quick jaunt to the area, room was quickly changed to downstairs when Andy realised I was less mobile with a walking stick. Most accommodating! Indeed also booked us a table in the Vineyard Restaurant right next door (lovely meal - but at higher end of price bracket) All in all highly recommended.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here overnight as we were going to a party nearby. Sue and Andy were very accomodating and allowed us to collect the keys earlier than advertised.

We were warmly welcomed and showed to our rooms which were spotless, modern and very comfortable. There was a TV with freeview and DVD and a library of films in the communal area. There were complimentary toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities. Andy arranged taxis for us gave us directions to a lovely local pub for lunch.

Breakfast was a marvellous feast and the dining room looked over the beautiful garden.

The room was fairly priced and the service was fantastic. I have already recommended this delightful B&B to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I booked this for my elderly disabled parents and their dog. They find walking difficult and had a great room on the ground floor. Dog could be taken into the garden. Plenty of parking and lots of great places to visit nearby. Only downside was it is next to a main road but they couldn't hear noise inside the house and they found the place no problem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Herts
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Sue and Andy were as welcoming and hospitable as ever and the rooms are excellent. We took some friends this time and they too were impressed, especially by the breakfast which we took in the new conservatory. We will all return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very warm & friendly welcome from Sue and Andy, beautiful decor (Hedgehog Heaven!), we had a large suite, two adjoining rooms and bathroom - spacious, spotless, super! Beds were v.comfortable with crisp, scented cotton sheets; bathroom had shower and corner bath and loads of hot water. Superb range of choices for breakfast, all delicious and served in bright conservatory room. Great evening meal next door at The Vineyard. We travelled by train into London Victoria, approx.40 minutes so very handy without having to stay in the city. All in all, we were very pleased; Sue and Andy go the extra mile with great attention to detail, we will definitely stay again if in this neck of the woods - ten out of ten!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Herefordshire
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed at the Pretty Maid after a very long drive down to War and Peace.
The property is immaculate and as you drive past the Vineyard restaurant adjacent is very welcoming, if a little easy to miss as the road system adjacent is a mass of junctions.
Good car parking area though anybody towing anyhting might struggle turning around.
A warm welcome from the landlord despite my late hour of arrival (10PM) and a nicely presented, clean and well lit hallway. This cleanliness carried through the rest of the establishment - the room and bathroom were spotless, bed linen was fresh and smelt lovely. I was shown to my room at the top of the stairs and my breakfast order (extra 2.50 GBP supplement for full english) was taken. Landlord pointed me in the direction of nearby hostelries, the best one ('a proper pub') being about a mile walk away down down the lane in the village rather than the Brewers Fayre attached to the Premier Inn 400m away down the road. After my drive all i was interested in was sleep but thoughtfully the landlord pointed me at a DVD collection that could be borrowed so I availed myself of Boorman's and McGregor's 'Long way Round' to doze off too.
The Bed was very comfy and linen was crisp and I overslept.
After the random nature of breakfasts over the last couple of years I was massively impressed with the Pretty Maid. At 0830 (breakfast available till 0930) I had a cheery greeting from the landlady with an immediate offer of a choice of 3 juices, cereal and/or yoghurt. Freshly ground coffee quickly followed and then in a blink an artistically arranged plate of good quality sausage bacon, black pud, beans. I declined toast. There were more eclectic choices available for brekkie too...pancakes and maple syrup and kippers (real rarity) but I felt like being traditional. The landlady took a real interest in my well being suggesting that I avoid local traffic blackspots and the olympic torch relay - again really thoughtful.
Check out was efficient and for 60GBP in this neck of the woods I consider my self to have had an excellent stay. I intend to use the Pretty Maid exclusively from now on.
War and Peace was a 20 minute drive away and I arrived at the show raring to go all thanks to the Pretty Maid!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Village Hotel Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
#4 of 15 in Maidstone

Been to Pretty Maid House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!