Tripadvisor
Agonda
All reviews recently stayed here beach hut ceiling fan thali comfortable stay sea facing highly recommend this place amazing food tashi huts
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2019

Very well located as it is right on the Agonda beach. However, rooms were very dirty and our bedsheet even had blood stains. Mosquitoes are a huge challenge and there is no protection provided against them.
I would never revisit this hotel.

Room tip: Try getting a cottage near the beach.
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

We were recommended Agonda Waves by a friend and found it to be a huge disappointment.

We’ve stayed in countless budget beach huts across south east Asia over the past 4 years and have never felt the need to check out early...until now.

Booked for 5 nights but left after 4. The hut was filthy, dark and mosquito/cockroach infested.

We arrived just after check out time so the hut wasn’t ready yet so we had to wait but I was immediately concerned when it only took them 20mins to prepare it for us. The place was disgusting, dead mosquitos on the walls, stained bed sheets, cobwebs everywhere, a bathroom barely cleaned with a faulty water heater, and a ceiling fan that seemed it would fall off at any time and decapitate you.

The hut was full of mosquitos and were bitten here more than anywhere. The staff take no preventive measures such as lighting candles as night to keep them at bay and there was a cockroach in the bathroom. The cockroach was an Oriental Cockroach (picture attached) that harbour infectious disease and live in contaminated areas, so I wouldn’t recommend eating in the restaurant.

The staff also do not provide water daily like they do at most other places.

On the first morning I went out to the beach at 10am and found every sun lounger occupied apart from 2, I began to setup shop but was quickly refused by staff as apparently they were reserved?! I said you surely cannot reserve a sun bed and asked whether it was for a guest of the huts or not. Given his response they don’t care whether your staying there or not and let any Tom Dick and Harry that walks in from the beach to take them.

Although the staff were friendly I felt completely ripped off as we’d paid close to 8,500rupee for 5 nights for an absolutely atrocious beach hut.

You can get so much more for your money at other places.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimrob89
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking for something very simple, on the beach with good service and at a cheap rate then Agonda Waves is ideal. No air con but a ceiling fan. Rooms were simple but clean. Perfect for a quick weekend escape from Delhi

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

We have stayed here before and it was great value and a comfortable stay. This year we stayed elsewhere but were regulars at the bar and restaurant. One reason for always coming back was the quality of service, particularly from a man named Tashi who makes the place a pleasure and leaves you wanting to go back again and again. Kind, funny and works like a trojan, we look forward to returning next year.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 10 nights and was very happy. It is the budget end of the market and does very well with it. Everything I needed, the staff were all exceptionally friendly and helpful and the food was really good and well priced..the fruit salad and yoghurt I had most mornings will be sadly missed ! All in all an excellent place to stay or just eat at right on the beach.

Date of stay: January 2019