We stayed at MP Guest House between Christmas and New Year, and were very pleased. Our downstairs room was large and clean, and the beds were comfortable. The room upstairs was a bit smaller, but still very nice. The guesthouse is right on the beach, with the front patio looking out over the quiet main street. Compared to some of its neighboring hotels, MP's settings are not very exotic and cozy - the furnishings and decorations are basic and typical Indian. The kitchen is very good (try the Goan shrimp!) and the service provided by the owners, Hendrick and Sophia, excellent. Agonda Beach is a gem; still pretty quiet and clean, but with enough things to do like yoga, surfing, swimming of course, and local sightseeing by scooter or bicycle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hendrick and Sofia and their lovely family are the perfect hosts. They are available whenever needed, yet allow privacy and comfort to prevail. The rooms are clean and have views of the sea from the balconies. Their small restaurant attached to the hotel produces a nice variety of homemade choices prepared with flavor and care. The fresh fish caught the same day was amazingly moist and flavorful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Maria Paulo Guest House- Agonda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maria Paulo Guest House Agonda Beach Hotel Canacona
- Maria Paulo Guest House- Agonda Goa