“Great place on perfect quiet beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Simrose

Simrose
Ranked #2 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Agonda
Noord, Aruba
“Great place on perfect quiet beach”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Book the more expensive cabins, those are great. The staff is very friendly and help you with taxis, scooters etc. Agonda beach is the most quiet, dolfins swim by every day while you are having breakfast. The food is also very good. Relaxation is the key word.

• Stayed November 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have just returned from 3 weeks in Simrose. What a place! it was a paradise for me - Agonda beach is stunning and has an amazing ability to make you relax almost instantly. It dissolves any stress you may have been experiencing before you arrived. I didn't want noise and lots of tourists and Agonda beach delivered exactly this. At times it seemed there were only 100 or so other people on its 3 km. It deserves its reputation of one of the best beaches in the world.

Simrose was wonderful and exceeded my expectations by a mile. I had initially booked for just 4 nights but very quickly decided to spend my whole holiday with them. The huts were perfect - reasonably priced and clean, my favourite being the roof top one I stayed in for the majority of my trip. I became extremely lazy and only really moved between my hut, the beach and the chill outs. It felt like there was no real need to go elsewhere as Simrose had everything that I needed. The food was good and I highly recommend the Fish Tikka Laffa to anyone who visits...delicious!

Whilst the beach and the resort were very special, for me it is the people that really make a place, and at Simrose this is one of their biggest assets. I was welcomed by the team at Simrose and quickly made to feel a part of their little family. Dinesh and the boys were, without exception, hard working, warm, friendly, helpful and attentive. It felt like nothing was too much trouble. That being said Sanjay deserves a particularly special mention - he is a star and his genuine,kind,funny and happy nature was a real pleasure to be around. It was this that made what was already an amazing trip into something extra special.

I cant wait to come back and visit again - I miss you all already!

Thank you Agonda and thank you Simrose!

Room Tip: roof top huts offer best value and quality...good view and extra breeze..you are a bit nearer the no...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2013

As context, my fiancée and I are backpacking round Africa and Asia for a year so we are on a budget.
In general, we found the accommodation in Agonda to be more expensive than in Anjuna (where we came from) but it’s worth it as most of the properties are right on the beach. Our budget couldn’t actually stretch to the beach huts, so we had a premium room, with a mosquito net which was a bit further back from the beach. The bed itself was softer than other places we have stayed, but still on the (very) firm side!
The room did not have AC, which we sorely needed. But if you were closer to the beach, the sea breeze may mean AC is not necessary.
Binesh, the owner, was extremely helpful and responsive in advance of our arrival but he and his staff, while extremely friendly and polite, were not actually that helpful when it came to helping us organize onward transportation.
There really isn’t much to do in Agonda, but that’s kind of the point and what we loved about it. There is daily yoga for Rs350 and although we had never done yoga before, the instructor did a great class and clearly has a lot of love and passion for her art. Spend your days lying on the beach (grab a lounger early!), walking up and down the beach and if you get the chance, the German Bootcamp guy who holds classes on the beach looked like a good workout! Other than that, chill out in the cabannas, eat and drink, and maybe wander around the shops outside Simrose for a souvenir or two. You can hire scooters and take a ride to Palalem (which we hear is great and a bit more “bustling”) but all we wanted to do was lie on the beach and do nothing for a few days.
The free wifi was indeed free, but did not work at any point during the three nights we stayed. This was strange given that the other restaurants we visited along the beach also had wifi that worked perfectly.
The food was excellent although there were quite often a lot of things on the menu that were not available. The best food we ate was the restaurant right next door to Simrose, which was called “My Friend’s Place” – great fish and even better prices! Highly recommend the prawn stuffed papadams!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Simrose_agonda, Owner at Simrose, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We are very thankful for your kind words, just wanted to explain for other travellers why some items on our menu were not available. This was beginning of the season and our tandoori cook could not arrive earlier because of serious family problems. This is why we could not serve any tandoori oven cooked meals till Nov 12. But all other dishes were available.
Bamberg, Germany
Reviewed October 8, 2013

That's what I can truly say about the Simrose. I would definitely come back if my personal situation allow it but I keep the warm and sincere people of the place in my heart.
The guys over there are very friendly and helpful. It is perfect place to find some recovery from stressful times. The embedded restaurant and its good food quality makes it really hard to discover other places. Especially when you enjoy the laziness and having everything you need.
Don't expect luxury but clean and simple huts being right at the edge of the beach (at least most of them ;O).
Just hope that Agonda won't be overrun in the next years and find itself on the same level like Palolem. So let's keep fingers crossed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Sorry it's taken me so long to write this review, I thought I had done it
Anyway, booked 3 nights in January this year. Didn't stay one
Arrived on time, had to wait nearly 2 hours for our hut, then to be taken to the wrong one, we had booked a sea view one
Sorted that out after another wait.
Went into our hut to find a used condom in there, well that put us off straightway. Eventually it was moved, but shouldn't have been there in the first place, wasn't hidden, was on full view
After a steady stroll on the beach we decided to chill in one of the areas with large scatter cushions, so out came the kindle and we promptly just sprawled on these cushions. After a few minutes you could smell an awful aroma, I got up and the smell was all over my clothes. It may the smell of sale sweat ect from the cushions, made me feel sick.
I appreciate they can not wash these cushion on a daily basis but once a week would be fine. When you started to look closely, they were filthy.
That was enough for me
We left
You don't expect the same cleanliness as you get at home, but for the money they charge you expect better.

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We spent 1 week at Simrose and found fault with very little! Visiting right at the end of the season it was very quiet and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Food was outstanding and the beers were always cold. As it was approaching eos the beach was a bit grubbier than it probably is during peak months, but still beautiful! Rooms are basic, very much the authentic beach huts you would expect! We heard that they are building 4 larger, full front beach huts for the beginning of next season, which should be beautiful! Perfect place to relax and unwind, even when they start pulling the place down around you ;)

Special thanks to Dinesh the superstar!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexandria9090
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have recently returned from Goa and our second visit to Simrose. We were greeted by Dinesh and made to feel welcome straight away. My boyfriend went to get a beer, while I was shown to our new home for the next 5 nights. "Poppy" our hut was perfect, complete with a sea view! During our stay Dinesh and the rest of his gang were fantastic. Nothing was a problem. We ate, sun bathed and chilled out at the Simrose for most of our stay. Only venturing out and about on a few occasions. The aim of this visit was to chill out and relax and that was exactly what we did! The hut, the food, the location, the cocktails and the food were all amazing and we are already planning our next trip back to Agonda and the Simrose. Can't wait.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple