“Great views”

Ranked #9 of 61 Specialty Lodging in Agonda
poole
“Great views”
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Stay here for the balcony! Theer are lots of places to stay in Agonda but the real appeal of Romance Huts are the verandahs and chairs to sit and watch the sunset each evening. The huits are on stilts so that makes them feel really grand . Very basic inside; I think some of other huts better kitted out and maybe cheaper but how much is a view worth?
Sarah, the owner is very nice and looks aftre you well. Organised taxi for us to leave, allowed us to stay a whole extrd day without paying as we were leaving in the evening.
They are in process of building more huts and a restaurant. We ate next door at Shantis - much recommended and also for dinner go to maddhu - best food around.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bettybell

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
London
Reviewed January 12, 2010

One of the best beach huts in Agonda. Very friendly owner.

Beach huts with en suite. The best part is the hammock. We stayed in the Premium hut which had sea view. Very Relaxing and lots of Restaurants around.

I liked the way they have been designed and painted.

Never had any problem with Water... as many seem to have over the time.

Ideal for relaxing and Reading.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Rishpon
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Abul is an amazing guy.

I have spent more than a year in India and there is nothing like abul hospitality.

just come and relax...

• Liked — the pepole
  • Disliked — nothing bad here...
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Rishpon
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2009

The Romance Coco Huts are not your typical beach huts, they are definitely a cut above the rest. The majority of the huts are elevated, giving each and every one a stunning ocean view from, even from the bed. Romance is well run, the staff are friendly and hard working, and will truly make your experience. The huts are clean, come with a hammock, lounge chairs, and they even put a nice clean bucket of water for you to rinse your feet with before entering (and change the water every morning!). The food was delicious, and the coffee shake was better than anything I've had at Cafe Coffee Day. Overall, Romance was the best beachside place I've ever stayed in, and if I ever am able to return I will 100% be staying at Romance.
What a wonderful place!!! I recommend it to everyone!!

Stayed May 2009
South London
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I did not have any accomodation when I first stumbled upon Agonda beach so I checked out a few places first - these huts are in a good location and are nicer than most of the other huts along the beach - Turtle lounge being the exception (and 10 times the price). I chose a hut further
back from the front as they have nicer balconies. Good price of 500 rupees per night too - the beach shacks in the front were 800. But I still had an excellent view.

The Romance huts are run by a very friendly family, although sometimes they made a bit much noise when they got up in the morning...
There is also a stupid Rooster that sometimes crows at 3am! But you soon drop back to sleep...

When I arrived I was given a complementary watermelon juice drink which was very refreshing - although I have to say the Pineapple ones are the best!

I've never really been a beach person and initially only booked for two nights, but it was just so relaxing and pleasant lying in the hammock on the balcony watching the perfect sunsets every night that I stayed for another two nights! (I had other plans so couldn't stay longer).

I didn't eat much at the coco huts but I do recommend the Bruschetta - it was very tasty!
I also recommend Madhu bar about three 'doors' south as a good place for a drink after your evening meal. They do excellent cheese and garlic naans!

The Turtle lounge is the best place to go for food - the Goan fice curry is excellent - although the Prawn vindaloo was a little too spicy for me :) still very nice.

If I were to go back to Goa then I would spend all my time on this beach!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Bigfootpete
london
Reviewed May 17, 2009

When we arrived to Agonda we had the first night booked in an other huts in the beach, not bad but next morning we found Romance Huts walking along the beach, they looked amazing, very colofull and in a great location, that day we moved to Romance and we couldn´t be more glad.

The owners were lovely with us during our 3 days stay, the restaurant is amazing, very good food and the best milk shakes in Goa. The hut was very comfi, clean and with a lovely little terrace just in front of the sea where you can see the sunset layed in the hammock.

I consider Agonda one of the best beaches i have ever seen and Romance huts the best place to stay.

We definetely recommend Romance to spend your holidays, you won´t be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jjjo
london
Reviewed May 2, 2009

i have stayed at romance cocohuts 3 times and it is so relaxing there, abl and his family run the place very well, they now have a resturant and the food is excellent.
the huts has a wonderful place on the beach, i wil be coming back :)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo