“Lovely ambiance”

Zest Vegan and Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in Agonda
Reviewed May 12, 2019

A great vegan/vegetarian restaurant with a good choice of delicious foods. A very relaxed atmosphere, shabby chic at its best. Good service and good value.

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

If you are in Agonda, Goa, you cannot, I Repeat, you CANNOT miss visiting Zest - The Vegan and Vegetarian Restaurant. :-D

I had discovered the Zest cafe on one of my Goa trips, so I was familiar with the brand.
On my last trip to Agonda, Goa, I visited Zest several times.
First Impressions: The décor of the cafe is very contemporary. Outdoor seating arrangement with table and ceiling fans. The overall vibe is very relaxing and casual. Lots of comfy cushions around for you to just relax and lounge. The ambience is really lovely. They offer free water and WiFi. They also play some really cool music from around the world. I heard a lot of Spanish and African music while I was there and I really enjoyed it. It adds a lot to the overall vibe of the place.

The Staff: I noticed they put in some effort in hiring their staff. They all looked a ‘certain type’ - most of them from North India, fair skinned (this could be just my observation and not really a pre-requisite for a job there) all dressed in black, some of them had beards and tattoos. Overall, I thought they hired, keeping in mind their Western clientele. The staff was really friendly. They spoke English and Hindi. They were also very good with their service and really helpful.

The Food: It is a heaven for Vegetarians and definitely surprises non-vegetarian people with their unique, delectable veg dishes - for eg., the burger that they served was with a mushroom patty. As per my meat eater friend; it didn’t taste like mushrooms but just like meat and he loved the taste.

Zest has a variety of food for everyone. They also serve Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free options and always are ready to customize the dish/drink as per your requirements. Everything on the menu is amazing! I tried quite a few things over my several trips to Zest and I was never disappointed.
Some of my absolute favorites: Pizza, Peanut Butter-Walnut-Banana Icecream, Tofu Miso Bowl, Almond Chocolate Cake. Oh and they have huge potion sizes.
The food selection is just delicious, healthy and wholesome. They are also very particular about the ingredients they use. They mention everything on the menu.
You can go there for a healthy breakfast, a long lunch or a quick dinner. They also serve alcohol.

The Price: For a Vegan cafe, I thought they were not excessively priced. We all know Vegan or any special dietary requirement ingredients are really expensive but Zest isn’t overly priced. A lunch meal plus non alcoholic drinks for two people will cost you about Rs. 1200/-

Zest is a fantastic place and it must not be missed while in Palolem or Agonda.
They are closed for the season from mid May onwards (I know this because I was visiting Agonda on their last working day) and I think they re-open when the season starts.

Spreading a word about great food is my passion!
Cheers!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Food was ok but not special. There was a sense of attitude in the overall experience that made the lunch not pleasant at all. Actually wanted to leave the restaurant before the meal came!!! This place is missing charm, smiles and good taste.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

So happy to have found this place in South Goa! Coming in off season is great for many reasons but many vegan/veg cafes are closed. At Zest I had an amazing chocolate nicecream, a flavourful Mexican bowl and the best cheesecake (sneakers). The atmosphere is great to chill and read a book or hang with friends. Will go back everyday until I leave Goa!❤️

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Vegetarian food 9/10, is boring, uninspiring and a forgettable experience. Zest is the total opposite. Insanely creative food, heaps of flavour, great setting and amazing service. Highly highly recommended.