“Sublime”
Review of Klavze 28

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Most na Soci
Klavze 28
Ranked #3 of 3 Most na Soci B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a brilliant 6 day stay last week. What a gem! Ben is a fabulous host and his cooking is perfect. Ben and Stefan have transformed this guesthouse into a quirky, chic place-amazing design and attention to detail. From start to finish we loved this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlexiandLucy

Reviewed June 24, 2013

There is no place like home unless you are fortunate enough to be staying at Klavze28 where our charming host, Ben, makes your stay feel like you are already at home. Everything you might think you want or need, everything that you don't even know you want or need, is already there waiting for you: comfortable beds with fluffy duvets and 2 pillows in a simple and tasteful light-filled room, electric outlets appearing like magic when you need to plug in your computer or phone charger and yes something to set them on as they charge, pot after pot of espresso for you in the morning as you sit on the airy deck, plein aire, with a breathe taking view of the Julian Alps.Oh and the meals! I highly recommend dinner there, we had an excellent 3 course meal with starter, of fresh local trout on a bed of greens with cherries in meringue and cream.

Room Tip: Ask Ben about bike rentals.We took a lovely cycle up the Soce Valley from Most Na Soci to Kobarid th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank moquijo
Reviewed January 2, 2013

For the last 3 years, Ben and Stefan welcomed me and my yoga students into their amazing farmhouse. They made us feel at home, shared with us their love for Slovenia , the people, the food, the tradition... It is the most tranquil place in Europe to my taste, this is why I decided to teach Yoga to my clients in Klavze28 om the wooden deck looking over the valley and the river, the perfect spot!!. If the group is more active and adrenaline junkies, Ben and Stefan have great contacts with local outdoor activities companies who take us to the most amazing spots in the Julienne Alps to practice rafting, canyoning, kayaking etc..I have been so lucky to stay in Klavze28 the last few years and looking forward to my next stays..
www.yogalaurent.com

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank yogalaurent
Reviewed December 13, 2012

For a couple of weeks in November my friend and I were very lucky to end up staying with Ben and Steffan, helping them to continue improving the place and getting the necessary jobs done. We volunteered there as wwoofers (see wwoofing slovenia) and before we arrived had no idea of the absolute treat we were in for. As everybody has mentioned Ben and Steffan are incredible hosts, considerate, relaxed, friendly and great company. Ben is an amazing cook and Steffan is a genius at making the place look incredible. The aptitude that these guys have for running a place like this is absolutely crazy, hearing the plans for what's in store for the future and seeing some of it start to happen left us in no doubt that this place is just going to keep getting better and better every year. It sounds like Ben gets really busy over summer but my friend and I are hoping that one day we might be able to come back and pitch a tent to give him a hand over the high season, I can't imagine how amazing this place must be over the spring and summer but even in November it was absolutely beautiful watching the seasons change from autumn to winter. It doesn't seem like the magic of this corner of the world is widely known yet, but if you ever get the chance to spend a week or two in Slovenia I thoroughly recommend it, you won't regret it and you'll want to come back especially if you're able to spend a week in Most na Soci at Klavze 28, it is a great place with great people and the highlight for so many people with good reason. It certainly was for me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here with my partner around Spring time 2012. Ben is the most attentive and yet relaxed host you could have, in particular he is an incredible cook and I suggest always taking the eat at home choice. We had a wonderful day out at Lake Bled one day, using the train that stops at the end of the track going up the house, and then returned to a huge home cooked meal and great conversation. It's such a beautiful place for walking, and if the weather turns bad, so cosy in the house to relax and just take it easy. We wouldn't hesitate to return. Also, if Steffan is there, ask him to take you into the plunge pool at the front of the house - guaranteed to wake you up quickly!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I completely concur with every wonderful & well-deserving review given to this incredible hidden gem run by an equally incredible host. Ben is the definition of a gracious host. He was extremely accommodating, generous, helpful, friendly and just an absolute pleasure on every level. The farmhouse oozes charm in every nook & cranny. The furnishings, decor, special added touches and entire atmosphere surrounding this treasure is charming, charming, charming. This was one of our favorite places during our trip and just thinking about relaxing in the yard, overlooking the alps with a kitty on my lap, just makes me want to blink, open my eyes and be back there. The area has much to offer as well so try and pull yourself away and visit the nearby wine regions or hiking areas, etc. This place is a bit off-the-beaten path (and literally, down a path) but so incredibly worth it! You won't want to leave!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Klavže 28 was initially a quick detour to the Alps for us, but it quickly became the highlight of the holiday and we stayed an extra night.

It's an old farmhouse right up the side of a forested valley, above the river which you can walk down to (Ben's two cats will show you the way). Ben & Steffan have painstakingly restored it into a rustic treasure - it still feels like a farmhouse but with old-school equipment magically transformed into modern comforts.

Ben hosted us with some assistance from friend Katy who was pausing here for a few nights whilst on an Interrail trip. He's a kitchen genius, putting together filling breakfasts (eggs from his hen house amongst other things) and such fantastic evening meals that we asked for dinner there every night we stayed. He can provide advice on anything you want to see or do in the area - we got some tips on nearby walks at Tolmin Gorge and the car train to Lakes Bohinj and Bled (recommended).

One tip I'd offer is to arrive in daylight if you can - the house is up a track in the woods so it helps to see where you're going the first time at least. It's a rough track but if our little Vauxhall Corsa coped with it then you'll be fine. You can also park at the station and walk up or (in extremis) get Ben to collect you if need be.

This has got to be one of the most relaxing places you can possibly stay in the Alps. From the moment we arrived to when we left, it pretty much felt like staying with friends and my only regret would be not staying longer. Luckily, I would have zero hesitation going back again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple