“The Thunderous Soca carves its way”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tolmin Gorge

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Tolmin
Mold, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The Thunderous Soca carves its way”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a lovely gorge, takes about an hour to visit, it is breathtakingly beautiful. Unfortunately the guide hut did not have an English brochure, however it was not the brochure we were paying for, the trip was well worth it.

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Beautiful place, worth visiting even when the weather is not perfect”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Great place for visiting even with smaller children. We usually aim for walks in the mountains, but on this day, the weather was not perfect, so our Slovenian friends suggested going to Tolminski Koryta.
The place is stunning and it Soca is such an impressive river!
I feel in love with Soca and I keep coming back!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MarcelaPomphrey
Slovenia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wooow, outstanding!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

If you are in this area, you have to visit Tolmin gorge. Nice and easy walk through the gorge is suitable also for young kids, but I suggest to have walking shoes not flipflops. Specially in summer time when is hot weather, the gorge is perfect choice to hide, becuase there is cool air and Tolminka river is very cold and not appropriate to swim. Defenitely I recommend to visit this place.

Visited July 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A pearl of nature”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was quite angry reading one of last reviews of Tolmin Gorge. I was there years ago and after reading that report I decided to check the reality. That is pure nature. Unfortunately my English is too poor to describe that beauty. Instead of words I added few photos. Let me add just few infos. The whole tour is not that long. It takes 1- 2 hours, it fully depends on how much time you would like spent during the walk. It is not an easy walk. It is not a dangerous one, but it is physically demanding. OK, I would not take too small children with me. I saw some of them during the walk and that left me quite in doubt how risky it is. Once again. The whole trail is safe. And it is worth to visit it.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Vinetou
Lisbon, Portugal
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Wild waters flowing in a beautiful narrow gorge”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Tolmin gorge may not be as large and as famouse as the Wintgar Gorge but it is as beautiful. It is narrower and the water flow much more impressive. A large part of the hile along the water is in thick vegetation that adds to the charm.

Visited September 2013