“A quiet stay in Kamnik” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Kamnik B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“A quiet stay in Kamnik”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

Kind of mixed feelings on the hotel, with some positive and some negative aspects.

On the positive side, the hotel was clean, bright and warm - especially important given it was -11 outside. The staff (what little I saw of them were polite) and efficient. The hotel is also cheap with free WiFi in the rooms (when it works). It's a quaint hotel that has obviously seen some recent modernisation.

On the negative, the hotel, for my stay, was empty bar me! And I do mean I was the only guest, which whilst it meant it was quiet, it also meant that the hotel was more or less wound down. The bar was closed on both nights of my trip. I had a late check-in (before 10pm) and the hotel was locked up. I needed to ring the bell for a few minutes to get in. On my second night, I stood outside the hotel in subzero temperatures, ringing the bell, knocking on windows for at least 10 minutes. In the end, I had to phone the hotel to ask someone to let me in!

There isn't an iron in the hotel - and I don't mean in the room, I mean in the whole hotel. I needed to iron a shirt, so in the end had to send it out to be ironed which cost €5.

Breakfast was on the edge of being OK (the only meals I ate), with just one table set in the restaurant, especially for their sole guest. Bread could have been fresher, my boiled egg was severely undercooked and after that it was a pre-selection of processed meats and cheese put on a plate for you, an apple which was a few days old and a warm natural yoghurt, which was sitting on the table all morning in anticipation of my arrival. The coffee was good though.

Would I stay again? Well given it's the only hotel in Kamnik I guess the answer is yes - if I was staying in the town again. It's cheap and comfortable and the room, with WiFi is not the worst place in the world to pass away some time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ciaranwhyte

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

The food is great and affordable, and the place is very charming just like the city.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Meta C
Waterville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

Our stay in Kamnik was wonderful! Kamnik was the best part of our european experience and the hotel and staff were one of the reasons! The staff was more than gracious! They treated us like part of their family! The hotel is beautifully maintained! The food is amazing! 10+ experience!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alhh20
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

Our stay at the Hotel Malograjski Dvor was wonderful! The hotel is beautiful inside...the hotel is a blend of modern convenience and European charm. The use of warm wood, marble floors, lovely woven rugs and incredible antiques is incredible.

Our room looked out to the lovely courtyard dining area. The room was spacious with both modern and antique furniture and a small but perfectly designed bathroom. The beds were very comfortable, there was lots of storage space and a lovely alcove with comfortable chairs to see the mountain views.

We had a light lunch in the courtyard. The soups were some of the best we had in Europe! The breads and cheeses were fresh, local and delicious. The breakfast we had on the three mornings of our stay were wonderful. Lots of fresh fruits, cheeses, meats, breads, eggs, yogurt and great coffee. A perfect way to start a day in lovely Kamnik!

The best part of our stay here was the warm welcome from the staff. Most of the time we were taken care of by a gentleman named Roman. What a delightful person! He made sure our breakfasts were perfect, our room was ready and he answered our many questions. He showed us the true Slovenian hospitality. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank melange1
Cessnock, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

An elegant well appointed hotel, empty even though we went for the mediaeval festival. Minimal staff, very comfortable but the food really let the hotel down, the dinner was simply awful and breakfast the worst we had in our month long holiday. Pity because the room was terrific.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple