“Best Casa in Cuba!”

Hostal Haydee y Juan K
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is definitely the nicest casa that experienced on my trip! Haydee and Juan Karlos have nice little house just around the corner of Plaza Martí. We stayed in the room on the first floor for three nights. The house has a roof terrace with plants, tables, chairs as well as two rocking chairs which we used to realx. The room itself s very clean and big with two beds. The breakfast and the dinner were of excellent quality! But the best of the casa were the owners themselves! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Take the top room since it is just next to the roof terrace.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elli-Pirelli123

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I own a small travel agency and we have been sending and taking people to Cuba for about two years now, this private house in Remedios has the perfect combination for good price, cleanness and their host are just amazing this family welcomes everybody as their own family, and all of our clients always say that the best food in Cuba is the meal they offer, they also help our clients and tour guides with useful information about Remedios and the surroundings.
Thanks Hayde and Juan K for the warm welcome and good stay keep up the good work
Felipe Gonzalez
wijincubatravel

Room Tip: The two rooms are very spacious and offer a good sleep
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights when I was in Remedios, and I have to say, it was amazing! Haydee didn't really speak English, but she was patient enough to understand my basic Spanish. I was traveling by myself, but she made the extra effort to introduce me to other guests staying in her casa to make sure I won't feel "alone". She recommended great day trips for us to take. And she prepared great dinners for us. This is definitely the best place to stay in Remedios!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Haydee and Juan K have gor a great place. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and it is located right near the centre of town. But the best part is the hosts themselves. They treated us like part of the family and made us feel right at home. And Haydee is a great cook. We stayed in lots of Casas during our trip, but this was the one that made us feel that we were experiencing the real Cuba. We had great fun there and their warm welcome has led us to staying in touch with them and still feel like we are participating in their family life.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Haydee and Juan Karlos were very friendly people. They made me feel like I was part of their family. Haydee's breakfast and dinner are delicious. There was a terrace and you can see the centre from there. The house is located a stones throw away from the main Plaza. The room I stayed in was spacious and had all the facilities I wanted. They helped me organise the trip to the Cayo and Santa Clara and help me save money by negotiating with the taxi driver. At Santa Clara, the casa I booked was closed and Juan Karlos helped me to find another casa to stay in. I would return to stay if I ever go to Remedios again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pirateteddy
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We spent two nights in the casa of Haydee y Juan K. The room was cosy, nicely furnished and very clean, with two windows and private terrace, where very tasty meals were served. The owners are warm and helpful making you feel like at home. Muchissima gracia! We loved the place very much and recommend it as one of the most comfortable rooms in Cuba.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

You home away from home ! Clean and confortable. Juan and Hayde make you feel as part of the family! The have 3 double rooms and a big terrace to have breakfast an dinner. They also helped us in everything we needed in our trip

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Remedios
Iberostar Daiquiri
#4 of 25 in Remedios
Casa Colonial Perez-Ramos
Casa Colonial Perez-Ramos
#2 of 18 in Remedios

Been to Hostal Haydee y Juan K? Share your experiences!