“Correction of past review”
Review of The Red George Pub

The Red George Pub
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Brockville
“Correction of past review”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The past review was unduely harsh on my part and would like to retract what was said. Over-all it has a friendly atmosphere and is a good spot to stop at on a hot summers day. As for the comments in regards to the cellphone, things happen and as this particular phone has a lot of gadgets, anything can happen by accident. So I send my sinsere appology and hope that I did not case the staff and management any undue grief.

Brockville
“Breach of privacy”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had stopped into the Red George pub as I sometimes do for lunch. I do not have many complaints about the food , but I do have one that really irritates me. I had left my Samsung cellphone behind and went back to get it. It had been found by the waitress top my relief, but soon found that the staff and man in charge had accessed my cell phone and went through what was contained. This I am very upset about and will be making a visit to express this.

3 Thank Allen S
Ontario, Canada
“Pretty decent pub”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Paid our first visit for lunch yesterday, at the recommendation of another family member, and we were quite impressed. The menu is simple pub grub, which was what we were expecting, and by no means gourmet. Between the four of us we sampled four dishes, and were all quite satisfied with both quality and quantity. I noticed that some reviewers have complained the prices are a little steep, but I'd suggest that the prices are competitive. They don't have a huge range of draft beers, but a selection which includes something for probably most palates. Our server was very pleasant, helpful and efficient. The atmosphere is very reminiscent of an English pub, and I'm sure that the patio seating will be in high demand once the weather warms up. Overall a pleasant experience, and one which we'll strive to repeat in the not too distant future.

Prescott, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great ending to a busy week”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I truly enjoyed a delectable entrée of poached haddock with a dill and caper sauce - perfect mixed vegetables and a baked potatoe - he had mashed. The dessert was homemade and a apple and cranberry pudding with sauce and good quality ice cream - the "cake" part of the pudding reminded me of my grandmother's - loved every mouthful! Service was friendly and efficient - they seemed to be almost able to read our minds. Will certainly return as we learned they will be offering lavendar ice cream soon - a specialty of the chef's and a great favourite of mine. Great place to visit with many historic links to the War of 1812-14 and the St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sandra L
Brockville, Canada
“Terrible Food”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is essentially a pub that is attempting to be a fine dining restaurant, they're failing badly.
Ordered an appetizer and after about 5 minutes the waitress came back to say it wasn't available. We chose the three dip cheese, basically you get a handful of nacho chips with salsa and cheese in a bowl, which the cook microwaved to heat up.

So we hoped the meal would be a better experience, it wasn't. Ordered the steak entree, as well the Seafood Crepe, after about 10 minutes the waitress comes back to say they didn't have scallops, changed the order to chicken souvlaki instead.

Meal arrives potatoes were clearly nuked, dry and not even warm enough to melt butter. The steak looked like liver, wasn't even grilled. Vegetables were under cooked and cold. The other entree was also terrible, the chicken was still raw in the middle, rice was crusty and not even edible.

Ironically you can see right into the prep area, on the night we ate the cook had to be all of 25 years old. The waitress had zero personality, did not mention specials, was unaware of what was available. She did seem to understand that our entire meal was a disaster and did discount our bill without us having to ask. It would seem that this was common place for the Red George. I did state that the chicken was raw and she sort of shrugged as if this was the norm.

This Red George is in a great location, the atmosphere is what you would expect. Beer and cocktails were great. I would recommend they either hire a qualified chef or stick to wings and burgers.

• Visited December 2012