“Nice Atmosphere, Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Red George Pub
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice Atmosphere, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I've eaten at the Red George many times and have always enjoyed the food with the exception or once or twice which is bound to happen when you dine somewhere so often. The wide variety of food and drinks is great. The interior is nicely decorated and the patio is great in the summer months.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Kirkby84

Oxford Station
“Stay away if your going to eat - they microwave the food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

Let me say that I am a Foodie. I have great respect for fresh food, quality meats, and for Chefs, but unfortuately the Red George only has a cook because a Chef would never serve the food we receuved last night.
First time there and was not sure were to go. The bartender didnt greet us and after asking her 2 questions as to where do we eat, we just took a table in the bar. Very unfriendly bartender. Our waitress was nice. We sat for a prime rib & veal meal. Where I was sitting, I could look directly into the small kitchen. My pasta was already cooked, therefore the cook just had to pull it out of a pot with his bare hands & placed on a dish ... dish sat on a counter for 10 mins, then the cook heated it in 1 of their 2 microwaves. When he finished frying (with burnt marks on it) my veal, I watched him take cheese throw it on top & microwaved it. My pasta was so dry. It sat on the counter for another good 5 mins. The prime rib was so thin that a fork could cut it. The veggies were canned peas. We removed them off of the plate as soon as it came to us. The Yorkshire pudding was taken out of a freezer & heated in the mircowave. It tasted freezer burnt & was cold in the middle. The baked potate was baked probably a few days ago & then reheated. Nothing was fresh. A true disappointment for $70. The inside of the pub is nicely decorated. We will not be returning.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank dukeandjeep
Ottawa, Canada
“Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

Very nice people! I love it, I always feel like I'm welcomed as soon as I come in. And the food is GREAT! If you have to be in and out of the resturant on a short deadline I suggest you should'nt go. But if you want to see the beautiful lake and chat with some friendly people, deffiently go you'll love it aswell!

• Visited February 2011
4 Thank Beaach
Winnipeg, Canada
“Never Again !!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

The Red George is obviously struggling with food preparation and quality. Having visited this local establishment a number of times in the past year I am very disappointed with the ability of their chef or sous-chef to make a proper meal. The vegetables were overcooked and colourless, mashed potatoes were dry and starchy and everything lacked a proper flavour. I will never go back, and do not recommend that anyone else waste their money here!

• Visited January 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank hanna_1252
Burlington, Vermont
“Do not miss this community owned pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

Extensive menu. Wide brew selection. Friendly and helpful staff.

They do not rush you out, very relaxing.

Recommended by our B & B hosts.

4 Thank John B