“Never Again...” 1 of 5 bubbles

O'Heaphy's Irish Pub
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cornwall, Canada
“Never Again...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Came To O'Heaphy's for lunch with a friend of mine who is passing through. The both of us a fans of Pub Style resto's so we figured we would check this place out. Walking in looks very nice and clean.

Staff was curtious and kind. After waiting 10 minutes, the waiter came over and asked us what our drink order was. Looking over the menu we decided to try the Deep Fried Curds for an Appetizer. (side note: they are very tasty) My Friend ordered the Cheese Steak Sandwich and I ordered the Burger. App came out quick and we polished it off. When our food arrived it LOOKed fantastic. (burger a little over cooked but... no big deal) As I go to take my first bite, I notice the burger is very dry and tasteless. as I go to take my second bite, I see what looks to be cheese or something stuck to the side of my bun... NOPE! ITS MOLD!

After putting down the burger I flagged down the Bartender who I showed the burger to. His answer: "It Happenes..." WHAT?!? this dosent just happen... Makes me question all food being served out of a restaurant if they aren't even looking over the buns.

I decided to try my hand at the Steak Sandwich as it looked very good. (mold free!)
It was good, but still didnt take the taste out of my mouth.

When I went to pay, I was shocked to see I had a bill... After all of this they still wanted me to pay! After asking to speak with the manager, they compted me the food.

I will never step foot in this establishment again!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MacNaughtyEats

Shelburne, Canada
“Underwhelming at best...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Have tried several times to just "like" this place, but still disappointed. Slow sloppy service and a chef who knows how to defrost in the microwave and won't allow menu changes.....Too bad cause has a nice patio.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank bed4U
Prescott, Ontario, Canada
“Great little Pub and Great comfort food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stopped here to have a cold beer and a bit to eat. I notice an item on the menu that caught my eye so thought why not try it. So I ordered the Irish Nachos and they were amazing. I had the meatloaf and mashed for a main course and it was also good. Deep fried pickles was another starter we had although good I find them a little greasy. All in all it was a good dinner service was great even though they were busy everything came on time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ontario, Canada
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was our second visit, after a disappointing first a year or so ago .... and strike two, we will not be back.

The beer was fine on a decent patio .. hence the two stars. But the food was next to awful. I ordered the hamburger, which was the closest thing to a hockey puck I've seen. Thin, overcooked and absolutely no taste. My guest ordered fish and chips ... when they were served, it looked like they had been poured out of a box from the frozen food section.

Shame, as this area does not have a lot of destination patios in the summer.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank D K
Muskoka District, Canada
“location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

As others have said, the food is typical pub grub.
We stop in here for a cold beer on the patio overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Our server was friendly and the beer was cold and tasty!

• Visited July 2013